« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike Tyson

Boxing Event Turns Violent

Tyson Plays Peacemaker

1/2/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

010214_mike_tyson_launch
A fight broke out at a media event for a fight ... with Mike Tyson caught in the middle ... but this time, the legendary boxer wasn't escalating the situation, he was trying to quash it.

TMZ Sports obtained footage of Tyson promoting an event called "Friday Fight Nights" in Minnesota on Thursday ... when two of the young boxers started going at it right on the stage.

It started to feel like shades of the infamous Tyson vs. Lennox Lewis media event back in 2002, when they started brawling at a news conference.

But this time, Tyson got right in between the two guys -- who were pushing and cussing at each other -- and eventually broke the whole thing up.

Who'da thunk?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I'm Awesome admit it

They stopped fighting cause they know Tyson would whoop their ass lol

Sue Ellen

Ok Tyson is laughing at them - theyre both babies weighing in at 50 pounds together - lolololol

mezuyaf

fk'n love mike tyson.

Factual

I have always liked Mike, bad ass or pacifist. Way to be champ.

Tarington

Good for Tyson. It isn't easy being Tyson (past violent/drug history) and for him to do the right thing is actually very encouraging. I hope Tyson continues being a pacifist (as above commenter said) and being a leader of positivity.

Nic

Good more mike. Looks like he is really doing well now. He was the best at one time

Brody5

Fake. They just doing that for some publicity

bernergirl

Honestly, I just want good things for him. He has been through such a rough life, it's time he just has peace.

Change

South side minneapolis in the bildin! Minnesota stand up!!

Change

612 what it do!?

Vegas2013

I have more muscles then both of those "fighters" put together. Tyson would have tossed them both up if he caught a blow.

Trixielolo77

I watched as a kid when my dad made us all watch Mike's matches and I hated his arrogance/ignorance. Now he has drastically changed. I like the humbled, sensitive guy who Mike Tyson has become. He shines in a different light now and this makes me smile and extremely proud of him for coming out a better man, a more grounded, compassionate human being. I adore his realness and heart.

Barry McCockiner

100 years ago, you could have put him in a cage, displayed him at the World's Fair, and made a pretty penny. What has the world come to?

Jillkp

They look like they just hit puberty and what was Tyson supposed to do?! I mean good for him but let it happen?

Really