'Evanescence' Singer Sues

Our Very Own Label Is Our Worst Enemy

1/3/2014 12:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0102-amy-lee-getty
Evanescence founder Amy Lee is waging war with her longtime record label ... claiming the label all but ruined the group and in the process chiseled them out of more than a million bucks ...  TMZ has learned.

The singer claims Wind-Up Records hatched a plot to sabotage Evanescence by replacing its promoters with a bunch of idiots who ended up torpedoing the group with lame ideas.

Lee says to add insult to injury the label has withheld $1.5 million in royalties.

The label is mum.

double d

She looks awful....

diane

Actually blue ugly, she CAN sing so what was your point again? Because surely her singing had nothig to do with the topic ya ****ing moron. LMAO

EV229

I'm glad Amy Lee is suing her record label.. they've treated them like ****. They deserve much better. Also for the haters, have you sold more than 26 million records? I didn't think so there's no need to trash this massive rock band... Trolls !

Mr. Diggs

So this is why their last album sounded generic. Listen to the open Door (Which is amazing) and then listen to the self titled. They are like night and day. Also, I can hardly hear her voice. This is a sad situation because this band is a really good band.

Mr. Diggs

So , this is why their last album sounded generic. Listen to the Open Door (Which is amazing) and then listen to the self titled. They are like night and day. Also, I can hardly hear her voice.This is a sad situation because this band is a really good band.

steve

I think Amy needs to sue the person that photoshopped this horrifing picture that made her look like an 80 year old Grace Slick on CRACK !! She is one of the most beautiful women on the planet and this picture is a DISGRACE !!!

EV229

If you don't know the real reason why Amy Lee is suing her own record label, don't say anything.

evfz1

BLUE UGLY

I Want To Kill You ****ing Bitch

elahe

she is the best ....she doesn't need to be bitch to be popular like rihanna...**** rihanna and jennifer and anybody hates my lovely amy....

elahe

- A

She is BessssssssT

lacey

I love you amy #EvFansAreAlwaysHereForYouAmy

pbev7

I like Evanescence and Amy Lee rocks. It is a sad business when the record companies prey on their own artists. Throwing them under the bus and not supporting them is actionable. Ripping them off for royalties is a crime. Anyone who doesn't think this is prevalent should watch ARTIFACT THE FILM.

If her music isn't to your taste, don't listen but to them but to the petty, shallow people criticizing her for her appearance, get a life.

Trinity J

I cannot believe all the idiotic hate on here. Do you people hear yourselves? wow. Sitting behind a computer or phone and insulting someone's life. Which happens to be more successful than yours. I love Amy, and Evanescence. Oh boo hoo, she isn't another slut who takes off her clothes on stage to entertain you pervs. She isn't ugly, and she does have a lot of talent, as well as the other members of the band. Unlike tons of artists today, who copy others and use tons of auto tune. Rather than trying to copy someone else, they've become something else. And that's what's important.

Trinity J