'Evanescence' Singer Sues

Our Very Own Label Is Our Worst Enemy

1/3/2014 12:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0102-amy-lee-getty
Evanescence founder Amy Lee is waging war with her longtime record label ... claiming the label all but ruined the group and in the process chiseled them out of more than a million bucks ...  TMZ has learned.

The singer claims Wind-Up Records hatched a plot to sabotage Evanescence by replacing its promoters with a bunch of idiots who ended up torpedoing the group with lame ideas.

Lee says to add insult to injury the label has withheld $1.5 million in royalties.

The label is mum.

Zebede

Amy Lee is the best. If someone hate her is stupid, very stupid.

dannycastillo

Evanescence writes great songs and makes beautiful music. Amy also has a great voice, and is a respectable musician. If this is true, I hope the band gets what they deserve, and I hope they find a better label. WE LOVE EVANESCENCE!!!

Nick

Amy Lee is one of the best singers in the world.
Wind up Records is an immature company that doensn't let the artists to express themselves , even if Evanescence brought them millions from their sales!
Evanescence will go on with another company! They just rock!

double d

She looks awful....

diane

Actually blue ugly, she CAN sing so what was your point again? Because surely her singing had nothig to do with the topic ya ****ing moron. LMAO

EV229

I'm glad Amy Lee is suing her record label.. they've treated them like ****. They deserve much better. Also for the haters, have you sold more than 26 million records? I didn't think so there's no need to trash this massive rock band... Trolls !

Mr. Diggs

So this is why their last album sounded generic. Listen to the open Door (Which is amazing) and then listen to the self titled. They are like night and day. Also, I can hardly hear her voice. This is a sad situation because this band is a really good band.

Mr. Diggs

So , this is why their last album sounded generic. Listen to the Open Door (Which is amazing) and then listen to the self titled. They are like night and day. Also, I can hardly hear her voice.This is a sad situation because this band is a really good band.

steve

I think Amy needs to sue the person that photoshopped this horrifing picture that made her look like an 80 year old Grace Slick on CRACK !! She is one of the most beautiful women on the planet and this picture is a DISGRACE !!!

EV229

If you don't know the real reason why Amy Lee is suing her own record label, don't say anything.

evfz1

BLUE UGLY

I Want To Kill You ****ing Bitch

elahe

she is the best ....she doesn't need to be bitch to be popular like rihanna...**** rihanna and jennifer and anybody hates my lovely amy....

elahe