'70s Show' Actress

OD'd on 'Multiple Drugs'

1/3/2014 12:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0102-lisa-robin-kelly-twitter
"That '70s Show" actress Lisa Robin Kelly died from "multiple drug intoxication"  ... and the L.A. County Coroner tells TMZ her death has been ruled an accidental overdose.

TMZ broke the story ... Kelly -- who played Eric Forman's older sister on the show -- died August 15th at an alcohol rehab facility in L.A. County.

An autopsy performed immediately after she died failed to identify the exact cause of death --  the coroner had to wait until the toxicology results were in.

The coroner did not identify which drugs were in her system.

Just days before her death, Kelly had been hospitalized with an alarmingly high .34 blood alcohol level ... a level that can sometimes lead to death.

The Coroner's full report will be released within 2 weeks.

0103_lisa_robin_kelly_remembering_footer

Houston

Lisa, in a perfect world you would have had some sort of involvement (lover or foe) with J.R. Ewing! Not many chica's could stand up to the character of J.R. I believe you would have given this tyrant/diva a run for his money. RIP

butch buss

SO SAD

Elizabeth towler

I didn't know she was dead''

Rebecca

I've had friends who have been pretty messed up and wounded up in the hospital with alcohol levels that should have killed them in a second, but she was in the care of a facility days before and she died? Something doesn't make sense. Someone screwed up.

Georgina

Anyone who takes multiple drugs do not accidentally kill herself. She intentionally took drugs and as a result died, which can happen and did. Doesn't mean she intended to die but it was also not accidental. It's like having sex without protection and accidentally getting pregnant.

Red Sam Rackham

She came into rehab w/ high blood alcohol content and died of drug OD? Something done wrong by rehab facility staff I suspect.

Ladygoodman

I live in NC and wish I could of met her before. Damn she was hot. Sorry Eric.

FM King

There's no such thing as an accidental overdose. When you take drugs you are in the process of commiting suicide whether you know it or not. When you finally die it just means you have succeeded. It usually starts with alcohol & marijuana....and when that doesn't achieve the desired uphoria....it's on to meth, heroin, crack, kratom and any number of things that eventually turn you into a zombie....and then you die. Is it really worth it?

August

How come the 12-Step religious AA/NA cult's "HIGHER POWER" failed her?

Your S&M Girlfriend

She was dead a long time ago, it just took her body this long to catch up. Poor thing.

GAJenn

It was John Michas's fault. He kept her high all the time just so she would stay with him. He has done it before and he will do it again. He is a THUG and poor Lisa paid the price!

ashley

She didn't intentionally intend to die, it's called a disease, it's called an addiction that some may not understand. And yes, it totally sucks! I have a VERY high tolerance to alcohol, when one drinks, they think they can handle it, but I KNOW I can't. I am so lucky and fortunate I never killed someone due to my neglect by drinking & driving. I also have a very high tolerance to pain meds. Yea, it sucks too!
p.s. I don't drink & drive anymore!

andrematthew

she had been arrested several times in recent years on suspicion of drunk driving, assault and alleged domestic abuse. check here: http://www.ghanalive.tv/lisa-robin-kelly-died/

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3