Y & R's Michael Muhney

Fired For Allegedly

Groping Co-Star's Breasts

1/4/2014 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0103-michael-muhney-Hunter-King-tmzMichael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show.  She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."  Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others.  He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPo's Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris."

Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

Calls and emails to Muhney's rep were not returned.

Nicole

Jan. 31 is the date set for all MM fans to turn off their records and not watch the show. Feb is sweeps month so it is important noone watches at least until after that to show CBS and associates just how much the fans support bringing back MM to the character of Adam. I hope they listen.

Nicole

Grabbing a woman's breast without her consent is not sexual harassment....its sexual assault! A criminal charge and one that not usually includes asking the person to stay on another two days of shooting scenes....come on get real, these are trumped up rumors , all bogus and not even being called the right thing. Geeeesh! BTW...where is the proof that Hunter said this??? And why would Michael stoop so low to defend such obvious trash?? He has more class than that.

Sherri

Michael Muhney is an alleged sexual predator and was rightfully fired. Poor Hunter King....Also his fans should be careful...you may like his acting, but don't try to justify sexual harassment...remember it could as easily be your own daughter or sister who have this done to them...how would you feel then...we must always put women's safety first and have zero tolerance for sexual harassment or rape in the work force.

Doug

Well if you're going to grope some boob might as well be that girls, she's hot. ;)

jetlew

and his wife is still with him? why?

ofdream17

Great news!

nologinyo

I have been paying bare bones attention to Y&R--for over half a decade now-- and reading details at random about the show and the personal lives of the actors...so my mouth literally DROPPED OPEN when I read this. And the most shocking news of 2013 thus far for me award goes to . . . Michael Muhney's headline. Last I heard, he was the bestest guy next to the Billy character's portrayer...

Umanyways

This is too hilarious to even take seriously..

Barbara

I think this is a load of gargbage about him groping her breasts. I think he was fed up with the crappy writing and wasn't afraid to say something. The storylines are boring and ridiculous and I have been watching this show since the beginning. I can't believe all these people really think he did this. Why name the girl who accused him? This whole thing is ridiculous. JILL PHELPS needs to go!!! She plays favorites and fires anyone who complains.

LoveYaAlwaysLisaD

We don't know the full story. Perhaps there is a twist and she is under her defenses by making an accusation. Who really knows....He seems to have a happy marriage in real life. Time will only tell. I will miss you Adam. Hope it was a misunderstanding and not an actual action on your part.

David

Sounds like he is a jerk, there are lots of good actors to replace him. He has mental issues.

soapstix

I don't know what is going on, but this story about who did what to who is a little shady, as far as I am concerned. It seems strange that two of the best actors are going to be gone. I guess someone had to say some, but is that something true. All you jumping on that band wagon need to stop and think. Why is Eric Braeden still there? I am sick of him. Kill off Victor. I hate that all he does is bully everyone. I haven't forgotten all the horrible things he has said to Nicki, in the past, and how he is still bullying her. Adam is a flawed, tortured character, and he is much more important to me. The Actor is impecable in this part. Do we believe all rumors so we can jump on the hate wagon? Not me. What did Billy Miller do, and Michele Stafford? Something is wrong, when there is this kind of turn over.

Alice

So its he said she said, if he did this often why keep him around. I use to watch this and liked his character (who is a jerk but funny on a soap) but got tired of it. Since this girl hasn't been on as longer why would they believe her? But if it is true, he should be fired, but if its just BS then its time for soaps to go by bye!

cmattx

Good for her for speaking up. So many cases of sexual harassment go unreported for fear of no one believing them or losing their own job or retaliation. Too bad, he was great as Adam but apparently a douchebag in real life. They did right by firing his sorry butt. Good riddance.

monique Mann

I will miss him! If he did that he must go! I still like him .