Y & R's Michael Muhney

Fired For Allegedly

Groping Co-Star's Breasts

1/4/2014 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0103-michael-muhney-Hunter-King-tmzMichael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show.  She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."  Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others.  He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPo's Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris."

Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

Calls and emails to Muhney's rep were not returned.

Linda

Sure would like to hear the whole story and hear both sides... Why would he put his family life and job on the line for a 20 yr old.

golittleperson

IF, this is true - why was he allowed to complete the scenes and not walked off the job Immediately? As soon as the allegations were made he should have been on immediate leave until verified and IF true Gone. Suspect there are two sides and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

KERRY J!

Saw this post and, "I BELIEVE IT!!!"

Star

Rumors were circulating that MM was going to be replaced with Heather Tom's (B&B actress) brother. Now this happens, I find this situation to be very suspicious and quite convenient.

Shantastic

He looks arrogant, and now that a 20 year old has caused him to get fired, his ego must be on fire.

NHP

Y&R is so hypocritical. Sexual harassment is nothing new for them. I acted on the show for 2 years ('78-80) and was sexually harassed, severely, by the casting director. Yet the guy continued to work there for quite a while before they fired him. I wonder how many actresses were groped, threatened, & raped by him? Y&R likes to preach about all sorts of subjects, but they don't stand behind the topics they preach about. When I needed work (in '93), after I'd had 3 sexual harassment lawsuits (against ABC, AFTRA & General Hospital), I asked them to bring me back on the show. I figured, since they preached about sexual harassment, they shouldn't blacklist an actress for suing over it (especially when she'd been harassed by the Y&R CD, too), but they were totally unresponsive.
And we won't even go into the plaigerism issue...

Butterfly22

If this story was true and hunter king truly felt fearful enough to go to the brass at CBS, why didn't she feel the need to go to the police? If she truly is a victim of such acts, I do not understand why she didn't seek protection from the police and perhaps seek an order of protection? Radar Online and two other sites report that she demanded he be fired or she would go to the police. CBS also reportably told her regardless of what they decided to do, if she had felt a crime had been committed, then they suggested she file a police report. According to Radar online and two other sites, no police report has ever been filed. AGAIN, this entire story was started as a rumor by a fan ( or non fan), on the soaps message boards for soap fans..........and the rest is mean spirited, gossip history.

vocalsbyjoanna

I say Fire Summers Character -- she sux as an actress anyway ---and Adams been there Much Longer,,,,,,,, who cares what the twit says,,,,,,,,,,,,

vocalsbyjoanna

Seriously,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,These writers are on Crack and the person who fires Adam must be their Dealer!! I say Summer Take a hike and go to Acting School first then Grow Up then got back for some more Acting Classes then just go away,,,,,,, I wish that they would just replace her! Not Michael Mulaney.

Panther

His storyline was weak anyway. It is hard to find a real good "Adam Newman".

tarheel gramma

Ive caught tons of crap for being a huge fan of TMZ from family, friends ect. I admit after checking the local & world news daily, I check the "news" from TMZ. I have TMZ added to newsfeeds from Twitter to Youtube. Ive even defended TMZ by saying you back your stories with video ect & most TMZ can say YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. Something Ive never knownTMZ to do is apologize, but this time I really hope you'll shock us all and do so. The young actress who was violated on her job, was also violated by TMZ, and adding insult to injury, by your female commentator who questioned why a second groping occurred. Her name should have never been revealed, it doesnt matter how your info was gained. From what Ive read on legit news, it came from a wife of a TMZ employee. Why your female commentator didnt educate herself to find out that the writers on Y&R ignorantly kept the sexual preditor in the cast attempting to turn viewers against him before releasing him, therefore gifting him time to assault Miss King a 2nd time. Your release of her idenity is/has caused her more damage by making her a target. Why?! As one of your biggest fans, I cant unerstand why youd do this, especially since Muhney accepted total blame. & why make public the insults of this young actress by your female commentator(none are reporters) as well as numerous other insults including video close ups of her breast? Do the right thing & apologize please. Id like to keep reading your feeds without making my own stomach turn for being a fan

Olivia R

Michael Muhney is , by far, the best actor on the show. i fast forward through all the often repeated story lines to see Adam because he has depth through Michael's terrific actung skills.

ginny

well she shouldnt of shown off her boobs the way she does ya all know who women get at age 16 and on even 15 so its not just his fault both should of been fired

sable

A. What breasts? B. Why let it happen twice when the brass should have been told the first time. Someone I know was accused of harrasment, unfounded, just her words. She did it because he fired her from another job. Then he ended up being her boss, and she fake kicked it with him. She just did not like him. So find out the full story TMZ before you report this, making him look like a dog. I feel for both of them. On another note, yes, she can't act at all.

Linda Stone

This sums up all
of the cast and everyone connected to The Young and The Restless.

Who in their right mind would want to work for a bunch of
back stabbing, underrated actors

like you. The ‘Big Mouth’, arrogant, “Kiss My Ring”, “Don’t
act better than me”’

“Don’t step in my space”, or get more screen time than me,
Eric Braeden. You would still

be on the canceled ‘Rat Patrol’, which sums up your ‘acting’
ability. A cast that if you don’t

“play” right with them and study your lines too much calls you
“too intense”. Sound familiar

Josh Morrow? If you
try to make friends, they are your enemies!
You would never have done

this to any minorities or such, or you would be called
racist! Michael Muhney may be young

and have a lot to learn but he is the best The Young and The
Restless ever cast on your lousy show!

He owned the part of Adam Newman, from the minute he stepped
on the stage. His acting is not

lazy or boring. He is
better than all of you. When Ms. Jeanie
Cooper “Catherine” grabbed guys

butts, no one said a word, not a WORD! Michael Muhney is not a pedophile. He’s a naïve man

who was sucked into playing a game to make friends and got
carried away. Add to that, to who

‘coached’ Ms. King.
Add this to the Eric Braeden feud with Michael Muhney. Remember when

Eric Braeden made a ‘punching bag’ back stage out of Peter
Bergman? Who would do that? And

blood dropped!
Forgotten!! Young and Restless,
you just lost the best you will ever, ever have!

I thought your writers and casting turned the show around
and were brilliant! I know now that you

Are stupid! I’m sure
he’s learned a lot from this and I wish with all my heart the best for Michael

Muhney and his family. He’s better off! You’re all a bunch of snakes! Someday you will be off the air!

I’ll be gone, but Michael Muhney will hopefully go on to
work with honest, generous, mature and

sharing actors.. You all are the losers in this game. And since when did Doug Davidson crawl out

of the woodwork and become spokesman? If tenure makes you a good actor, he’s only
their because of

the Bells. I wonder
what Bill Bell would say about all of this, a kind, fine and generous man that
he was?

And what about the ‘good ‘ole days’ as Eric Braeden himself
tells it when he felt a hand on his crotch and

It was none other than that “Dear sweet little devil” Ms.
Jeanie Cooper, just havin’ fun! Just a little fun

You kids. She loved
the young people and would have been quick to put this kind of thing to rest.

Ms Phelps, I don’t have to kiss your ass so, your comment,
that you liked the character ‘Adam’ but

not the man, well someday hopefully you will be in his
shoes. Then try and get someone to sleep
with your

ugly, bony ass to try and get a new job, but I highly doubt
it! Do you really think they like you
lady?

Think again!!

This sums up all
of the cast and everyone connected to The Young and The Restless.

Who in their right mind would want to work for a bunch of
back stabbing, underrated actors

like you. The ‘Big Mouth’, arrogant, “Kiss My Ring”, “Don’t
act better than me”’

“Don’t step in my space”, or get more screen time than me,
Eric Braeden. You would still

be on the canceled ‘Rat Patrol’, which sums up your ‘acting’
ability. A cast that if you don’t

“play” right with them and study your lines too much calls you
“too intense”. Sound familiar

Josh Morrow? If you
try to make friends, they are your enemies!
You would never have done

this to any minorities or such, or you would be called
racist! Michael Muhney may be young

and have a lot to learn but he is the best The Young and The
Restless ever cast on your lousy show!

He owned the part of Adam Newman, from the minute he stepped
on the stage. His acting is not

lazy or boring. He is
better than all of you. When Ms. Jeanie
Cooper “Catherine” grabbed guys

who was sucked into playing a game to make friends and got
carried away. Add to that, to who

‘coached’ Ms. King.
Add this to the Eric Braeden feud with Michael Muhney. Remember when

Eric Braeden made a ‘punching bag’ back stage out of Peter
Bergman? Who would do that? And

blood dropped!
Forgotten!! Young and Restless,
you just lost the best you will ever, ever have!

I thought your writers and casting turned the show around
and were brilliant! I know now that you

Are stupid! I’m sure
he’s learned a lot from this and I wish with all my heart the best for Michael

I’ll be gone, but Michael Muhney will hopefully go on to
work with honest, generous, mature and

their because of

the Bells. I wonder
what Bill Bell would say about all of this, a kind, fine and generous man that
he was?

And what about the ‘good ‘ole days’ as Eric Braeden himself
tells it when he felt a hand on his crotch and

It was none other than that “Dear sweet little devil” Ms.
Jeanie Cooper, just havin’ fun! Just a little fun

You kids. She loved
the young people and would have been quick to put this kind of thing to rest.

Ms Phelps, I don’t have to kiss your ass so, your comment,