Y & R's Michael Muhney

Fired For Allegedly

Groping Co-Star's Breasts

1/4/2014 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0103-michael-muhney-Hunter-King-tmzMichael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show.  She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."  Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others.  He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPo's Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris."

Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

Calls and emails to Muhney's rep were not returned.

yrfan123

If it actually occured as they say, then MM & cbs should have announced his leaving as his own decision and laid low. Why do that exit interview if u are guilty? Why not fire him immediately if it were true? Why would sharon case make that video for him? Why would some co-stars tweet that they are gutted? Why are they still following him on twitter? Most importantly if Hunter was harassed, she didn't appear to be struggling on social media.

Fred Thompson

He should be fired for that, but I can't say I blame him. If you've ever seen a picture of her in a bikini, it's hard to look at anything else.

Azi

He is wrong to do that, but she sure has some awesome boobs.

Yes, I'm That Leah

Oh my goodness! I honestly quit watching this show over 3 years ago, when Don Diamont ( Brad) was fired, and Michael M. (Adam) starting switching babies. He was lying to Sharon and gas lighting Ashley, switching their babies and stupid stuff.

This show needs to be cancelled right away. It SUCKS. It's nothing but a bunch of MODELS ( like Hunter) on there, and the real actors desperation to keep their jobs is showing. The writing is horrific also, it's not just the actors...

Solid187

Holy smokes have you seen those things.? I'd grab em, too.

Yes, I'm That Leah

Oh yeah. Bold and the Beautiful! If you see this, Thorsten Kaye, ( the new Ridge) SUCKS! Please replace him with Ronn Moss today!
1. His timing is WAY off
2. He looks like a creep.
3. He can't remember his lines.
4.He's empty and depressing.
5. He mumbles when he talks.
6. He looks older than Eric Forrester.

This man can't play a self assured millionaire. He can only play a funeral director or monk. BB, please find Ronn Moss and get him back on set. Ron isn't the best actor, but he has charm and charisma. Thanks!

Nicole

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.....

TMZ, I am very disappointed in your 'fact finding' and reporting of this story. The actions you are reporting that, as you say, "ALLEGEDLY" took place, if true, don't you think would warrant immediate dismissal? Michael continued to work for another 2 days on the set AFTER he was told his role as Adam was ending! So, I think it is safe to say, this whole RUMOR story is just that, a trumped up rumor ! Sad, people are so quick to believe such poorly substantiated rumors.

Now if you were really looking into the facts, you would find that ever since the new Producer "Jill" took over, there has been a mass exodus of great actors/actresses that have been let go from Y&R which was predicted by many before Jill took over , as that is her proven track record on other soaps she ran before taking the position at Y&R. Michael is the last one in a very long line of extremely talented people to have fallen prey to her personal style of management which reportedly is to fire the people she doesn't like and bring in her friends.

The bottom line is that Michael is a brilliant sensitive compassionate actor that has created one of the best, if not the best characters: Adam Newman. He is absolutely loved by his fans who are going to great measures to have him brought back to the role of Adam, because for many, he is the highlight of the show. He is also very admittedly outspoken and about many good causes, like cancer which he is an advocate for, since the death of two of his family members. If you have watched any scenes on the show when he is with his 'son' Connor, who he lovingly refers to as 'peanut' you would have no doubt to this mans integrity and genuine spirit.

I truly hope the readers of your comments will see through this 'alleged' discriminating publicity rumor. Meanwhile, his fans will continue their efforts to show support for one of the best daytime actors ever!

Casey

Didn't realize the show was still on TV!

Lola

Who is threatening to stop watching the show?! Not me! He has only been on the show for 5 years, he is NOT Y&R. This show was the number 1 soap opera BEFORE he came on the show and it WILL still be number 1 after he leaves the show. And no, he is NOT extremely popular, TMZ. Actors Steve Burton, Doug Davidson, Joshua Morrow and even Daniel Goddard are more popular. I'm glad that Hunter King wouldn't let him having his way anymore, he is a disgusting creep. I've been around girls who endured sexual harassment and believe me this is NOT funny. And he's married with 3 children! I'm even more disgusted at Sharon Case for supporting that kind of behavior. Her lust for him is so strong that she would believe all the crap he'd tell her. I also heard that he was very difficult to work with, even though he was not even a veteran or anything. I am so glad that he's gone and I know I'm not the only one. Stop acting like everyone loved him, because it's not true at all.

bazinga

That girl should be the one to get fired - she's a lousy LIAR and a lousy actress to boot.

Truth

SOUNDS LIKE THE DUDE GRABBED MORE THAN HE COULD HANDLE... IMMA JUST SAYIN. #TRUTH!!

Sstaples0718

I love how fans love to say it is number 1 soap all the time. Buys there's only 3 left. So it's not saying much. It's like if all my children was still on Susan luci would get Emmy every year now. As for the story, it's a workplace if he did it he should be fired.

Truth

JUST CHECKED OUT HER RED CARPET SHOTS AND BIKINI PICS... A BANGABLE LIL LASS ISNT SHE??? OH, AND HER BF IS METROSEXUALLY GAAAY. #TRUTH!!

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

All of you should switch to "Days of our Lives". Much better actors and storylines, yes ,I'm a guy that proudly watches a soap.......shhhhhh.

Mike

I knew MM was a dirty bird and shame on you people blaming the victim.