Y & R's Michael Muhney

Fired For Allegedly

Groping Co-Star's Breasts

1/4/2014 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0103-michael-muhney-Hunter-King-tmzMichael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show.  She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."  Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others.  He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPo's Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris."

Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

Calls and emails to Muhney's rep were not returned.

sh

I met Haley in the San Diego area on New Years night at a bowling alley. She was with her boyfriend, who my hubby spoke to.He attends college down here. I stared at her and knew it was her. She is cuter in person than on tv. Humble and nice and wearing sweat suit and no makeup. I told i.have watched for decades and knew of backstage probs on the show. As so many ppl are mad that this actor and others have just left show, she asked if I still plan to.watch. i said yes and she said big things were coming to theshow and to keep watching. Nice girl, sweet, and not all flashy......she was bowling. I believe her.

Sheila

Michael Muhney is one awesome actor, they will never be able to replace him. Just because this WHINY LITTLE MODEL complained sexual harassment doesn't mean it happened.. I myself don't believe there is any truth to this. Also the other actors like Doug Davidson and Eric Braeden are just so JEALOUS of him and his character. I will never believe this !!!!!

CP

Umm....sources from the show? Let's not forget that the head of. CBS Daytime is the wife of a TMZ employee. Do you really think this is the true story??? We are not that stupid.

sh

I will add that she is gorgeous.....my nine and ten y/o daughters even said so.her bf goes to a christian college here, tells me a bit about the two. She was kind, not arrogant and engaged my girls about their pink and purple bowling bags. If she were my kid, and at 45 she could be, i would be so proud.

malia

If he did that in the work place, can you imagine the dirt he's doing behind his wife back outside of the work place!

BE

He looks like a creep.......

Lisa

Those of you defending Muhney sound like complete lunatics. If he's so innocent how come he hasn't refuted the allegations and say he's been wrongfully terminated? This happened weeks ago. He's had plenty of time.

The Executives Wife

I'm sure his wife is thrilled.

DivaAng

If TMZ would talk to members of the Y&R crew, they would discover that the Hunter King part of the story is only the tip of the iceberg.

Nancy

I think it's childish that people want to quit watching the show!

scoopie

wow, been watching y&r since 1975 and thought they were crazy for letting him go cause he was one of the best actors ever on, but now? surprised this got out

annie

This has "SET UP" written all over it. Hunter King wants to become a STAR and this was her ticket to do just that! I'm sure she worked out some deal with the EXECUTIVES! Please this type of thing happens everyday in normal low paying jobs, when I worked at Marriott and all my co-workers including management were coke heads , when I refused to play along. They set me up by conspiring, it never worked as I was always one step ahead. But in SOAP world, this little B*tch was promised more air time I'm sure. F*ck her and her fake allegations! We the fans aren't going to drink the Kool-Aid that is being served...
Michael Muhney was set-up, JILL FARREN PHELPS needed him out of the picture so that she can continue to butcher and destroy Y&R! You people making rude comments are either dis-information agents or just assuming like we all like to do! Michael MUHNEY should SUE SONY/CBS because they have let this information out in a desperate attempt to stop the angry fans from calling all the sponsors.
Please like :https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dont-FIRE-Michael-Muhney/879230082093498 and help fight to restore Michael Muhney

Kizzykat03

Will never believe it unles MM comes out with the story himself. So done with Y&R. MS, BM, and now MM. I'm done!

annie

SO let me get this straight, he gets FIRED for allegedly groping this girl, who isn't the hottest looking girl on the show. But yet they allow him to work an extra 3 days after being told he has been fired. Harvey, your a LAWYER and I'm pretty sure you know this story is BS, first of all there has to be a thorough investigation conducted, if the allegations turn out to be true, the person immediately gets FIRED and escorted off property. Why would they allow MIchael to film scenes for the following 3 days? Wouldn't little MS.KING have a lawsuit in your hands if that were so?
THIS IS BS and you know it!

South Beach

Hopefully your "hubris" will pay your bills you POS. Glad you're out.