Michael Bay

Freaks Out Onstage -- Walks Off

1/6/2014 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

010614_michael_bay_launch_v2

Michael Bay melted down in Vegas today ... after his teleprompter malfunctioned.

The "Transformers" director was the featured speaker for Samsung TV at the CES convention.  No sooner did he walk out on stage when it was evident something was terribly wrong.

Michael went blank and then made a reference to "type" ... we've confirmed it was a teleprompter problem.  He said he'd wing it, but watch the video ... that didn't happen.

Michael walked off the stage ... leaving the audience and the moderator dumbfounded.

Anyway ... dialogue was never his strong suit.

update_graphic_red_bar4:12 PM PT -- Bay posted a message on his website explaining the fail ... "Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES ... I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost."  Then he added the obvious, "I guess live shows aren't my thing."

Really

Stupidity

roll3567

Typical...none of these Hollywood types know what to say unless someone tells them.

Ashy Larry

Awwww. The big baby wants his wottle.

vroomvroom

Ladies and gents, that's that drug yo! He came out nervous like he was sweating or shaky....it's something he took, not teleprompter malfunction...lolllll

Gissy

unbelievable

Mike L

He had a Panic Attack. Been there, and the last thing you want to do is be in front of a bunch of people watching you.

sr

He's made some of my favorite movies! He just had a brain fart lol. He should apologize though. Thanks again Michael!!!!! LMAO!!!!

CremeBrulee

You'd think Michael Bolton could have blown off the Teleprompter and lip-synched.

Chris

Looks to me like he had a panic attack of sorts. He seemed very nervous when he walked on. It's a lot of pressure and a lot of people suffer from anxiety and panic attacks at some point in their life, so I think it's unfair to judge so quickly.

The TelePrompter thing was probably just an excuse because he was embarrassed. I have occasional panic attacks and they can make you do and say all sorts of weird stuff, so give the guy a break...

plum

I know this isn't PC or nice, but I can honestly say I would not be in the least bit upset if that man was dead...he destroyed my childhood w transformers, and hes about to do it again with his turtles abortion

not too mention all of his other movies suck also

BLUE UGLY 💩

What a puzzy

billybob

A good example for how creative and talented Bay is. That's Hollywood, idiots like him fall upwards . . .

Vote2012

Who is he and why should we care? He sounds like a guy who cannot handle life.

Waka Waka Waka

Hed better not start talking sh*t when one of the actors he's directing forgets his lines

Azi