Michael Muhney

Angry Y&R Fans Plan Aerial Attack on CBS

1/6/2014 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0105_Michael-Muhney_tmz_compositeIt's a bird, it's a plane ... no, it's a flying banner paid for by "Young and the Restless" fans outraged at CBS for firing Michael Muhney.

Turns out a group of Y&R fanatics on Facebook pooled together $785 to pay for a banner that will soon fly over CBS Studios in Los Angeles with a message saying, "NO ADAM NEWBIE, JUST MICHAEL MUHNEY."

TMZ broke the story ... Muhney was fired last month for allegedly groping 20-year-old co-star Hunter King's breasts on 2 different occasions.  Muhney has allegedly harassed people on the set for a long time.

Y&R's plan is to retire the character and bring a new actor in to reprise the role of Adam Newman, but it's not sitting well with diehard fans.

Don't mess with soap fans.

Jo

And I'm guessing most of those fans a women should be ashamed of themselves. I am ashamed of them. Mate. If it were them or their daughters sisters or mother would they be fighting for a perverts job.

Kymmi

Oh wow!!! Adam Newman is involved in multiple situations on the show. He was brought on to replace the former Adam because it was a gay story line. This Adam sure can dance the tango w/Victor. Won't be the same w/out him. Better put him on suspension and then decide. (Made the same mistake replacing Ronn Moss (Ridge) on B&B. Smh, soaps won't be the same. CBS...LISTEN TO YOUR FANS

anita

Oh, now I see why he was so gracious and magnanimous in the days after his "sudden" firing. Guess he was hoping if he said all the right things, they wouldn't drag his name through the mud. I'm a longtime Y & R fan, and I was disappointed when I heard he was leaving, but if this story true, good riddance.

Shelly64

He needs to be fired. It's too bad that girl is young. Someone else would've slapped the crap out of him. I know I would have. What a pig.

FrankieAL83

"TMZ broke the story":

No they didn't. This story, or rather RUMOR was ORIGINALLY posted by a random poster on "http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com" message board. A board that notoriously hates on Muhney, and has since he was cast on the show. AND it was originally posted on the 19th of December...so TMZ broke NOTHING.

All TMZ did was COPY and PASTE a rumor that's been around on the net for 3 weeks. They even copy and pasted the bit about sources. If they did have any real information confirming this, why is there report no more advanced or thorough then the one on a message board that ANYBODY can create stuff on?

If this is true at ALL, why did it take TMZ ages to report it? TMZ is just posting internet rumors at this point. Here's the actual post for anybody who doubts me: http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/49642-another-y-r-actor-out/?p=1296907

Also for those saying they're taking Hunter King's side..Hunter King hasn't even spoken about any of this yet, so the only side you're taking is those of the person who posted the rumor. The alleged victim or anybody who knows her hasn't even identified herself as a victim.

nyer566

His character is ugly and I wouldn't doubt him groping a pretty young cast member. I am glad he is going!

nyer566

nyer566

Anyone who agrees with this crap is crazy. He seems to like molesting young women. I am ashamed of fellow Y&R watchers to want this creep to stay on the show. I just want Billy Miller to stay. I will miss him.

Butterfly22

"Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see"

Mayu

Seriously, why are people upset about his firing? They didn't get this upset when they killed off a 7 year old character effectively firing the little actress. If the dude did what he is accused of (and by his own admission, he was a bit of a bully)... then good riddance. Characters come and go all the time. The current Billy is leaving and being replaced by a new actor. The current Abby is like the 3rd adult Abby on the show. The current Victoria is the 2nd adult Victoria. The original is on Bold and the Beautiful. It happens. Get over it.

j

Really people would you want him to do this to your daughter or grand daughter?? I wouldn't. Shame on anyone who doesn't want him fired. I have watched this program for years, and he is not that great of an actor, or human being if that is the way he treats young women.What message does this say to our younger generation if we want to see him on TV so he is not held responsible for his actions? Garbage. Take a hike and I hope you can not find another job. Good Luck to Hunter and I am sorry this happened to you. Don't let this jerk stop you from your dream. And be proud of yourself for being BRAVE..

thesphinx46

Good riddance..pervert..

Gail

If it is a valid reason for a firing then it as justified. People have money to waste in this day and age of unemployment and loss of family and home to pay that ridiculous amount of money for a banner. Please. He is lucky he isn't charged with sexual harrasment! Just my opinion.

Kimberly McBride

What is truly disgusting is the leak by Angelica McDaniel and Jill Faren Phelps of the victim's name to turn fans against her and hide the fact that they knew what happened months ago and did nothing. They need to be fired as well!!!

miranda