Jay Z

12-Year-Old Rapper's Performance

NOT A SET-UP

1/7/2014 1:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

010614_jay_z_kid_launch
Jay Z
did NOT pull a fast one on his audience in Greensboro, N.C., Sunday night ... when he brought a 12-year-old boy up on stage who stole the show -- it was all spontaneous.

We spoke with Angela, who took her 12-year-old son Justin to the concert in Charlotte Saturday.  She says Justin's dream was to "get noticed" by Hova and he was crushed when he was overlooked as he sat in the 8th row.

Angela says on the ride home they decided to give it one more try, and she bought tickets to the Greensboro concert the next day.  She says she was lucky and scored front row seats.

Angela tells us nothing was set up.  Justin jumped up with his sign and this time Jigga noticed.

She says after the concert Jay Z was true to his word and took them backstage.  They talked for 5 minutes about personal stuff.  No numbers were exchanged and Jay said nothing about signing the kid.

Areader

Yawn!

Tmzsucks

The kid just sang jay z songs? Wasn't really good either am I missing something?

Carl

You don't just happen to get front row seats for a major concert like this the day before it happens on a whim. It stinks even more of a setup now.

bill

and then hey took him back stage and suc ked his pee pee. rap = stupid n i g g e r s

corteselowe

Ignorant ass people have nothing better to do than try to degrade a 12yr old child...people in the world will nevEr change for the better

corteselowe

Racist ass white people make me sick...I'm half white and black and when I see whites act like this it makes me hate part of my own kind and that's pitiful

fastdriver

How I wish I knew what the hell they were talking about! I might have enjoyed it more if I knew what they were saying. I guess it was good! The audience liked it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4