« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dennis Rodman

Sorry About N. Korea Outburst

I WAS BOOZED UP

1/9/2014 6:13 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0108-dennis-rodman-02
Dennis Rodman is blaming the a-a-a-alcohol for his wild screaming North Korea-defending outburst on CNN this week ... saying he was drinking before he went on live TV.

During the maniacal rant, Rodman -- who's in N. Korea -- defended dictator/tiny person Kim Jong-Un's decision to imprison American Kenneth Bae, even though N. Korea won't say why Bae is being punished.

Now, Rodman is backpedaling HARD ... saying, "I embarrassed a lot of people. I'm very sorry. At this point I should know better than to make political statements. I'm truly sorry."

He continued, "I had been drinking ... It's not an excuse but by the time the interview happened I was upset. I was overwhelmed."

Rodman also issued an apology to Kenneth Bae's family, his teammates and CNN host Chris Cuomo ... the target of Rodman's outburst.

Rodman says some of his basketball friends -- who joined him on the trip -- were leaving the country because after his outburst, their dream of "basketball diplomacy was quickly falling apart."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

FerdieG

Unreal.......

Sandra

This ignorant ass better watch out as his new pal Kim Jung-Un could have him killed !!

Chrissy

Rodman is clearly drunk & he is slurring his words!! If he wants to be friends with a dictator who kills his own family members let him. You play with fire eventually you will get burned or be killed by the pint sized tubby dictator!!

ladyblue

This is not a 12 step move. Oh that's right he was boozed up so is this justifying the harm that you have done

truth angel

Why don't we confiscate his passport and make him stay in North Korea since he loves it so much? F*cken loser he is. Nobody cares about him so he's trying to get press by being a ambassador to a BS third world terroristic country. F Rodman & F the mini dicktator!

ronaldbender

He is a druggy and a drunk

PureRadiance

A 52 year old man with influencial power~ drinking and not thinking. Poor judgement on his part for sure. Sad, he didnt just go to bed instead.
just now

palermo

How long until he causes an international incident? I think he should just stay over there

OK

He needs to go back to rehab.

Little_Leota

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ON YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Sargio

If Dennis Rodman is your only hope, then all hope is lost. What a douche.

Sai

Rodman just wants that extra 15 seconds of fame back on the clock no matter how much he embarrasses the U.S.A. At least some NBA players wised up & left N.Korea knowing this ain't a good look for them or us. But Dennis needs to keep his disease-infested looking mouth shut in regards to Kenneth Bae, if N.Korea won't say exactly what he did to get a 15 year prison sentence, what the f**k gives him the right to say he deserves it?! Man what a sorry a**hole, but it's all good cause D-Rod WILL say or do something that will upset his "good friend" Kim Jong-Un while he's there & go to prison & will want the U.S. to do everything we can to bail him out...I can see it now,sad...

Vote2012

This guy is an embarrassment to the human race.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

What a disgraceful traitor to our country. If I had fought in the Korean War and saw what this pitiful drunken freak was doing, I would be tracking him down, hoping to have a word with him, if you know what I'm talking about....

Hamburglar

keep him there & feed him to the dogs....
that's how Kim Jong-Un likes to get rid of rubbish