Ellen DeGeneres

Now Owns Maybe the Best House in L.A.!

1/10/2014 11:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0110_ellen_degeneres_house_launch_v2Ellen DeGeneres just bought an amazing house in one of the ritziest areas of L.A. -- TMZ has learned.

The house is so baller it has a name -- The Brody House.  Real estate sources tell TMZ ... Ellen paid $39,888,000 for the property.

As for what she got ... it's a lot.  It sits on 2.3 acres. The main house is 13,511 square feet with 6 bedrooms, 9 1/2 bathrooms.  It has a pool, pool house, gym, spa, and tennis court.

It's considered the most iconic modern estate in all of L.A.   Ellen is really into design and architecture, and she likes to put her own touch on houses like this to make them more awesome.

Ellen also sold her nearby estate for $21 Mil.  She paid $17.4 mil last year.

Ellen was repped by uber-real estate agent Kurt Rappaport.

0110_celebrity_cribs_homes_houses_launch

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Good for Ellen. She's on top of her game at the moment and she sure can afford it. I just find it a very cold dwelling. It looks more like a modern museum than a home. However, it isn't my home, so congrats to her, may she enjoy her home in good health.

Squatting Thunder

IT HAS ALL THE WARMTH OF A HOTEL LOBBY

The Executives Wife

What do you do with a house that size? Stage it? I'm no hater, I just can't imagine having all that space. I have two rooms in my house we don't use and it makes me crazy.

cb2013

I look at it as a big fck off to all the people who said she would never go anywhere after she came out. Producers tried to black list her. Coming out wasn't celebrated in the 90's the way it is today. A little indulgent but who cares. If I had money out of mu as s I would do it too.

CathyJ

I just don't understand to see the need for a home the size of The Ritz Carlton. Of course it is celebrity ego, but what a waste. These people are paid way too much. I mean how does Alslee Simpson afford a home almost 5 mil?

elle

If it were anyone else I would find this to be incredibly disgusting & self absorbed.

However it's Ellen so - congratulations to her. She absolutely deserves it.

RomneySucks

SO UGLY --- HATE IT !!

I love Ellen though!

powerfulStuff

Why do people care what someone else is doing with their own money? Why do some of yall think she shouldn't buy a big over top house? Its her money! I'm sure she donates to charity but she shouldn't have to buy a modest home to make other people feel better

Timmy Boy

Why is she rich?

stef

That is a HUGE house for 2 people! She can easily afford it so why not! Congratulations, it is beautiful!

TJ

No austerity from the Hollywood crowd!! Don't these overpaid people ever feel guilty?.

D-INCARNATION

She bought it so she can ogle the chicks next door...

SoulCritic

She turned an unfunny stammer into a fortune. No wonder Greg Giraldo killed himself.

Yomama

Can she pay for my nursing school?

woolly -Bear

Yes two Dykes really need a F#cking house this big. I just want to puke when i look at her and her lame f3cking dancing. Remember you fans made this Talentless Douche Bag Hack rich. At the end of the day she couldn't give a S#IT about you Idiots.. ;) ;)