Ellen DeGeneres

Now Owns Maybe the Best House in L.A.!

1/10/2014 11:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0110_ellen_degeneres_house_launch_v2Ellen DeGeneres just bought an amazing house in one of the ritziest areas of L.A. -- TMZ has learned.

The house is so baller it has a name -- The Brody House.  Real estate sources tell TMZ ... Ellen paid $39,888,000 for the property.

As for what she got ... it's a lot.  It sits on 2.3 acres. The main house is 13,511 square feet with 6 bedrooms, 9 1/2 bathrooms.  It has a pool, pool house, gym, spa, and tennis court.

It's considered the most iconic modern estate in all of L.A.   Ellen is really into design and architecture, and she likes to put her own touch on houses like this to make them more awesome.

Ellen also sold her nearby estate for $21 Mil.  She paid $17.4 mil last year.

Ellen was repped by uber-real estate agent Kurt Rappaport.

0110_celebrity_cribs_homes_houses_launch

There's a problem here

Ellen and Portia seem to have an enjoyment for home architecture. Good for them, they can afford it. I love the old Hollywood homes; stately but not too large or overbearing. Not that I could afford it anyhow.

bmsvds

So much space. Bet there will be rooms she never steps foot in, like Bruce Wayne.

fastdriver

How often does Ellen move on average in a year's period? Every house she has owned that I have seen pics of is beautiful. However, she doesn't seem to get attached to ANY of them because she "fixes" them up and moves on! I guess if she keeps making millions on them when she sells them it's ok, but I would like to stay in one place. it seems like poor Portia never even has time to UNPACK before they are moving again! :-)

luckycat

Ellen is really a bad show.She's really nasty behind the scenes,I'm willing to bet.
Everything she does is so forced and awkward
Minimal talent and defiantly not funny..
Why do women eat her up just like they did Rosie" the nut case "O'Donald?

whitegurlhitter

Ok,excess who .needs a home that big

some guy

Ellen is so gay...

gopherfan

I know this is not the best place to post this but I'm desperate. I'm doing this without my parents knowing. But it is on there behalf Se my parents are going through a tough time my dad is a cancer survivor of 11 year's now but he just recently had too have surgery on both knees so he has not been able to work at any of his 4 jobs. Yea 4 jobs he's 62 years old but with all the medical bills he's just trying to make ends meet but it's tough. And my mom was also just in the hospital for three days with heart problems so yes more bills. It really is sad to see them like this they should be retired and taken it easy but that's impossible with all these bills. Best case scenario for me would be to be able to let them both retire and enjoy the rest of their lives without worrying about finances. So if you're willing to donate this is my PayPal gopherfan1979@gmail.com thank you so much. Also I'm not that good on the computer so if anyone is willing to repost this in a better place that would be great thanks again and God bless.

NOT ELMO

Ellen DeGeneres Now Owns Maybe the Best House in L.A.!.................I STILL DON'T LIKE ELLEN

Ray8

Like the house but did the set designers for Beetle Juice decorate it?

en Todo Momento!!

i think a gay man will become pregnant before ellen ever has a child. seriously. that big ol huge home? for what? move into an apartment.

Gary Walker

Good for her! Years ago she was ostracized for coming out as a lesbian. Now.... she can buy ANYTHING SHE WANTS..

I'm very proud of her. Go Ellen!

stew

NOW she'll be happy...

YouDontSay

Hard to tell with the horrible furnishings. Nothing that great except the area with the tree. For that kind of money I honestly don't get it.

IceGypsy

I love modern homes, but that place seems a lil cold like an office more than anything. I do love the trees, that's very cool. I'm sure she'll put her own stamp on it.

lisamorunning

The best house in LA??? Really? It looks like a Sonic that is waiting to be painted or colored. I would rather stay in a hospital room than this ugly house.