Ellen DeGeneres

Now Owns Maybe the Best House in L.A.!

1/10/2014 11:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0110_ellen_degeneres_house_launch_v2Ellen DeGeneres just bought an amazing house in one of the ritziest areas of L.A. -- TMZ has learned.

The house is so baller it has a name -- The Brody House.  Real estate sources tell TMZ ... Ellen paid $39,888,000 for the property.

As for what she got ... it's a lot.  It sits on 2.3 acres. The main house is 13,511 square feet with 6 bedrooms, 9 1/2 bathrooms.  It has a pool, pool house, gym, spa, and tennis court.

It's considered the most iconic modern estate in all of L.A.   Ellen is really into design and architecture, and she likes to put her own touch on houses like this to make them more awesome.

Ellen also sold her nearby estate for $21 Mil.  She paid $17.4 mil last year.

Ellen was repped by uber-real estate agent Kurt Rappaport.

0110_celebrity_cribs_homes_houses_launch

Tsh85

I went to a fundraiser a few years ago at the Playboy mansion and saw this house. It is located directly next to the Playboy mansion. If anyone is interested the address is: 360... South Mapleton Drive, Los Angeles, CA

Mrakulous

I don't get how Ellen became popular. Her stand-up wasn't that great. She seems like a nice person, though.

Aimyloo

I'd be happy "just" to have a 250k house rather than this crappy 1 bedroom apartment. Can never get ahead.

Denise Martin

Ellen has room for one of our Eden domes in that backyard full of medicinal foods and herbs. Ellen - why haven't I heard from you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NXdtqtmEHo

KenzieQ

Kinda ugly. Some of the rooms look like a hotel lobby.

PhilKuhlenbeck

Nice!

marmar

Congrats ellen damn i want to go to u show around Christmas times u give nice stuf.

RacaveliThaDon

The hell she need 9 1/2 bathrooms she only got one ass

RacaveliThaDon

The hell she need 9 1/2 bathrooms she only got one ass

Eric Davis

No, the Stahl House by Pierre Koenig is the most iconic modern house in LA. http://www.stahlhouse.com The Brody House is nice but it's a mish-mash of older Modern icons, including also homes by Frank Lloyd Wright, in LA and elsewhere, and by Richard Schindler. I mean it's nice and I'd take it if she wanted to give it away - but then I'd sell it.

Patrice

I love this home!! Has a Frank Lloyd Wright feel to it. Sweet!!

Johnny Thunder

One big box and glass.

Celebritybirthcardrevelations

Will ANOTHER NEW HOUSE! Keep Ellen & Portia TOGETHER? http://celebritybirthcardrevelations.blogspot.com/2014/02/ellen-portia-is-this-beginning-of-end.html

Stacey Brown

Lucky Ellen! Congrats and looking forward for more development, you sure it is the most expensive and stylish house in entire LA?

-Stacey

PioneerTraining

I enjoyed reading it. I need to read more on this topic...I admiring time and effort you put in your blog, because it is obviously one great place where I can find lot of useful info..