Ellen DeGeneres

Now Owns Maybe the Best House in L.A.!

1/10/2014 11:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0110_ellen_degeneres_house_launch_v2Ellen DeGeneres just bought an amazing house in one of the ritziest areas of L.A. -- TMZ has learned.

The house is so baller it has a name -- The Brody House.  Real estate sources tell TMZ ... Ellen paid $39,888,000 for the property.

As for what she got ... it's a lot.  It sits on 2.3 acres. The main house is 13,511 square feet with 6 bedrooms, 9 1/2 bathrooms.  It has a pool, pool house, gym, spa, and tennis court.

It's considered the most iconic modern estate in all of L.A.   Ellen is really into design and architecture, and she likes to put her own touch on houses like this to make them more awesome.

Ellen also sold her nearby estate for $21 Mil.  She paid $17.4 mil last year.

Ellen was repped by uber-real estate agent Kurt Rappaport.

0110_celebrity_cribs_homes_houses_launch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

L. Rosemond Kitching

Congrats, Ellen!

ImSoReal

It might be just me, but for 39 million, this house should be prettier than what it is. It looks like a revamped Brady bunch house from the 70's.

Smarty girl 54

Why does it have 9.5 bathrooms an only 6 bedrooms? I never understand that

tmzcommenter

It's her money but what a waste. I don't understand why anyone needs to spend more than 5 million on a house.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

It seems the Ellen and Portia move every 18 months or so. I wouldn't do it, but I guess it suits them. Her homes have all been uber-expensive and pretty special. Good for her.

Veronica

Where's the palm trees??

carol

If she's happy that is all that matters. That house is not to my taste even if I could afford it but she seems to do well buying and selling

BLUE UGLY 💩

Fish breath

Mr Wood

SO....DOES THE CARPET MATCH THE DRAPES???

she

I know this house is spectacular, but I don't like the way it looks. It's shape is too disjointed for my taste.

Kelly

Ellen's career really is an amazing success story if you think about. Most would have thrown in the towel after the second sitcom where she played the laid off dot commer.

dreamon

Wow $40 million on a house?? I knew her show was doing good, guess now the money's really been coming in. Good for her.

kitnplayn

A 40 MILLION dollar house is vulgar, arrogant and selfish. Ellen could live more modestly, and use that money to create simple homes for millions and millions of impoverished families in the usa and around the world. She didn't even work hard for the money, it just fell into her lap through an easy job.

Pillsbury Pancakes

Snail trails, everywhere

Canadasux

Yeah, but only if that's what a person likes in a house.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments