« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hilary Duff

& NHL Hubby SEPARATED

And Clearly Divorcing

1/10/2014 12:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Hillary-Duff-Comrie-getty
Hilary Duff and ex-NHL star Mike Comrie have just announced they've separated ... and it's pretty obvious divorce is just a matter of time.

The couple says they "have mutually decided to an amicable separation" and will "remain best friends and will continue to be in each other's lives."

26-year-old Duff and 33-year-old Comrie were married in Aug. 2010 in Santa Barbara ... and Hilary gave birth to a baby boy,  Luca, March 20, 2012.

Hilary's mom, Susan Duff, tells TMZ, the couple has already decided on joint custody of Luca.  Susan says she loves Mike but sees the breakup this way, "They're better friends than a married couple."

A rep for the couple says they are dedicated to parenting their son together.

Hilary just tweeted saying, "Mike and I are sitting here, we are so appreciative for all of your kindness & well wishes."

She continued, "Not an easy day but we're getting thru it together."

Hilary and Mike were most recently spotted together on New Year's Eve.

Hillary-Duff-Comrie-getty-nye

0110_hilary_mike_before_split_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ó|ó

oh wow...
he wants to have more kids and she wants to have a life and not just be a housewife
The End
this just might be another case of Man can't handle successful WOMAN

swisher_sweet

Sad to hear! They were a cute couple

scottstp

NHL star? That was a bit of a stretch.

Donna Rambis

God bless them

Donna Rambis

God be with them

whocares

That actually makes me sad for them. I am always pro family! She seems like a very down to earth girl. I wish them both and their son the best!

NameNotImportat

Haha she's a single mother now! :)

Courtney

Since they are saying that they are going to remain friends, I wonder would they consider marriage counseling as a final attempt to save their marriage, because of their little one? Separation and divorce are very hard when children are involved. My husband and I are divorced, and my teenage daughter recently told me that she watches Pink's video Family Portrait on You Tube, and how she can relate to it. Divorce is very difficult, but it is what my ex wanted.

your not all there

Married 4 years?

Santasunsetwoodica

Awseome now i have a chance!

lastrebel

Hilary is HOT !

sh

When I heard that they were out together this past New Years Eve, and she spoke of baby number two in November, and then this happens, I really think someone cheated.

MrsTimberlake

Well that's a bummer.

Vote2012

TMZ seems to think any person who ever played sports is a star? They over use the word star in every sports story.

Sid

Hilary couldn't keep another man's dick out of her mouth. TMZ can't get the facts to a well known story.