« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MMA Fighter Joe Torrez

911 Call In Fatal Fight

'They're Trying to Stab Him!!!!'

1/13/2014 1:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0113-joseph-torrez-launch

**WARNING -- THIS AUDIO IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING**

TMZ Sports has obtained the 911 call made when 4 men invaded the home of MMA fighter Joe Torrez ... and the panicked caller describes the dramatic moment Torrez fights for his life ... killing one of the intruders in the process.

The call was made by a woman in Joe's home -- and she tells the dispatcher a "car full of people" arrived to their New Mexico house on January 1 with violent intentions.

The caller says the intruders were breaking windows and attacking Joe while children were hiding in a back room.

The caller says one of the invaders was trying to attack Joe with a knife.

After Joe fought off the intruders, the caller tells the dispatcher, "There’s a guy in here laying on the floor ... he’s an enemy obviously ... he’s laying on the floor."

As we previously reported, one of the intruders died from wounds sustained in the attack -- another was hospitalized with extreme facial injuries. The other two men ran for their lives, but were later arrested.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

laradecosta

uptil I looked at the paycheck which said $5828, I didnt believe that my best friend had been realie taking home money part-time from their computer.. there aunt has done this 4 only nine months and a short time ago cleared the morgage on there condo and bought a great new Cadillac. look at here now >>>>>> CHECK44.COM

Mya Symons

Gee, I wonder if it is a good idea to break into an MMA fighters house?

Grace

the operator did a fantastic job! people are expecting that operator will say "OK mam we're on our way!" and hang up! you don't know how it works! ofcourse police is on their way while she takes as much information as she can get from the caller, they can use it as evidence and help them file a case!

I'm a phone operator myself and I'm telling you, this is how it works

Jesse Kay

I'm shocked at how oblivious some people here sound. I've been in law enforcement for over a decade in a dangerous urban area and I've never even heard of a "home invasion" that involved "a car full of people breaking windows" and generally being loud and using intimidation that wasn't either gang or feud related. People just don't do this, crimes are motivated by either greed or anger, and while random violent crime can happen, it doesn't come in this shape or form. I guarantee we'll find out in the near future that there's ALOT more to this story.

@joshie0

There is 2 sides too every story, and somewhere in between lies the truth. I am from New Mexico. I know this kid personally. It breaks my heart that NEW MEXICO is not playing fare. But of course because of his choice of sport, the state feels that hes violent. Americans have the right to protect the family, especially from an intruder. #Shameonnewmexico

jmaar2013

Boy did a damn good job of protecting his home and family. But there is a reason they went over there and two more random cars with random guys and girls, obviously,showing up to watch the first car of guys go beat this one man up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3