Octomom

Charged with Felony Welfare Fraud

1/13/2014 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0113_octomom_tmz
Octomom has just been charged with 3 felony counts of welfare fraud and now faces more than 5 years in prison if convicted on all counts, TMZ has learned.

The L.A. County District Attorney's Office filed the charges, including 1 count of aid by misrepresentation, and 2 counts of perjury by false application for aid. The D.A. claims Octomom -- real name Nadya Suleman -- failed to report nearly $30,000 in earnings between January 1-June 30, 2013.

Octo is accused of failing to disclose income between January and June of 2013 -- specifically, money that she got from personal appearances and residuals from videos.  TMZ knows ... the video in question is a masturbation video.

The D.A. is asking the judge to set bail at $25,000.

BB not bb

She is like old mother Hubbard. I feel bad for her even if this is true. She has way more than she can be expected to handle on her own as she does. Her parents abandoned her, her husband abandoned her, and her doctor left her with 8 babies at once.

Who would envy her life or think she has it good? I think the government should just take back the money. Putting her in jail is going to make it worse on all those kids.

She had staff trying to do her in from the start. I kind of had the feeling they were telling her that they were taking care of her finances and then not doing so so that they cuold make her look like a criminal.

How much tax did they expect to collect on $30,000, especially with all those kids. She would have gotten EIC and deductions for all of them. I guess she got too many food stamps then? Didn't pay enough rent? I guess they will kick her out of those programs now.

I think this system can be really heartless.

pmbalele

How dare people call her trash? We want to populate the world. In fact Republicans don't want abortion. So they should never whine.

Garry

What good does it do to know what she made from Jan to July, when she and her 14 children have nothing now? Are the children to be penalized now, for what Mom made 6 months ago? The State need to worry about what Mom is "GOING" to make, in the future, so, she can pay back!

Rae

She is always getting into brushes with the law but never seems to serve time for it. I can't believe there are those who pay her for personal appearances. I would believe, however, that they pay her to stay away.

veighey

Fs the woman has a truck of kids she needs all money she can get

Mav

If the gov would get off their lazy rear ends, they would be able to catch millions being given away to frauds like her....

Seriously?

FINALLY, WHY DID IT TAKE O LONG!

Marty

This woman is just plain old nasty and you would think she would use some of that cash to get her ugly ass face fixed...............ewwwwwwwwww.

Courtney

There are many people that are cheating the welfare system every day, so there is really no benefit for the government to single this woman out. She does not need to go to jail, she needs to be trained to do some sort of job in her home which will enable her to take care of these children. I believe she loves her children, she was just misguided.

summer days

She was on welfare when she went out and hot pregnant with all those kids.

Chaw547960

My adopted son was once talking to me and he said Ma when I get my check I am going to spend some and keep some. I said what check baby? He said my welfare check.
I said baby the only check you are going to get is the one you work for. He said but my other Mother got a check. I said do you see me get a check? No only on Fridays. I said yes because I work everyday and every night. He now works all kind of hours to get his check. No more talk of welfare checks.

lisa

she is crazy woman

jlw

why even give this woman space on the page?

Xianne

They should just throw her ass in jail without an investigation !!! People like her is killing this country !!!

Gunslinger012000

Saw this one coming a long time ago. She really isn't that attractive, she had her 15 minutes for birthing her litter (animals have been doing it for a very long time) and she wanted to keep living the glamorous life.