Trace Adkins

In Cruise Ship Brawl With Impersonator

1/15/2014 2:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0115-trace-facebookCountry singer Trace Adkins fought himself on a cruise ship Monday -- or at least he may have thought he was fighting himself -- because it seems Trace was really wasted and he just checked into rehab.

Sources tell TMZ ... Trace was headlining a country cruise headed to Jamaica.  He was in the bar when something happened between him and a Trace impersonator who was doing Karaoke. Trace -- who had been sober for 12 years -- had fallen off the wagon and got into a physical fight with the impersonator.

We're told once the boat docked in Jamaica ... Trace jumped ship.  We're told he's now in rehab.

Trace and the impersonator in question previously met in 2007 (see video below).  The impersonator's wearing sunglasses.

011514_trace_adkins_launch_v2
Thanks to our friends at US99.5/Chicago for the video.

Ruleofrose

His marriage is apparently in the toilet, hence the boozing. So typical.

DevOcean

Sober for twelve years? Come on!! This guy has been drunk during every appearance.

Chip Yeomans

If I beat up an innocent person who is simply having fun singing Karaoke I would be arrested. Trace does it and then admits himself into rehab to avoid incarceration. Something ain't right!

Chip Yeomans

Cinner

Trace is HUGE.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Country music sux, and people who like country music are feeble-minded losers.

Vince

I've been sober for a long time. Feel badly for Trace. Tough deal.

dlboylan54@yahoo.com

Seriously, do you really expect people believe this crap!!! Especially from Trace Adkins. OMG!!!!I, get real. This joker doesn't e even resemble Trace. Just some "wanna be".

dlboylan54@yahoo.com

Really, you expect us to believe this about Trace Adkins? Do not believe this for a second. That doesn't even look like a cruise ship background. Plus...this joker doesn't even resemble Trace. WTH??

VALERIE

Sounds like research for his next country hit!

Chweener

I wonder if he ever had a moment during the fight where he said "Why am I fighting with myself"?

nof

Had a relapse at 18.5, almost didn't make it back.

5 years on 28 Feb - thank God now for every sober minute.

nof

Horrible news, 12 years is a lot of time.

Big, strong, gifted dude - but this one's gonna hurt.

Everyone in every program is pulling for you, Dude.

nof

There's a saying in A.A.

... (if) you go out with ten or more years - you go out to die -

They'll never see you again.

Almost was true in my case - pray it won't be in T.A.'s.

Literally had to crawl back in - crawl.

Hands and knees.

nof

Can we talk?

I've always seen myself as kind of a high-class-wino.

So when I relapsed I decided to give wine a try.

Figuring how bad can wine be?

Six weeks later I had blood in my urine.

Hadn't even worked-up a head-of-steam.

Was merely doing three bottles a day at that point.

Wine at the Dollar Store that's all expired.

I can't even walk past wine in the supermarket anymore.

Without blowing lunch in the aisle.

Keep that under your hat, willya.