Vine Star Curtis Lepore

On Trial for Allegedly Raping Vine Star GF

1/16/2014 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0115-curtis-jessi-twitter-vine
Vine megastar Curtis Lepore was in court Tuesday ... facing charges of raping Vine star girlfriend Jessi Smiles while she was sleeping, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Lepore was arrested in October -- and released on $100,000 bail -- but it flew under the radar.  During Tuesday's hearing he pled not guilty.

Here's the back story.  We're told Jessi flew to see Curtis in L.A. last August but things didn't go well and they broke up. Jessi stayed in L.A. and a few days later got a concussion while shooting a Vine video.

Sources close to Jessi tell TMZ ... Curtis then called her and offered to help her while she was recovering.  The victim claims Curtis came over, Jessi fell asleep and that's when he allegedly raped her

The day after the incident, Jessi tweeted, "Be careful of who you trust. Always be cautious for your safety. Be strong and don't let your guard down..."

It's pretty insane. Curtis and Jessi's relationship was a HUGE deal in the Vine world -- they initially got in touch via the social media platform last summer and subsequently met in person in NYC ... in front of hundreds of their Vine fans.

Curtis' lawyer tells TMZ, "Things are not always as they appear and there are two sides to every story."

BTW ... Jessi gave us permission to use her name.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Ron

Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great money. Seriously I couldn't be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in $500 a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do Pow6.com

The Bag Report

Well they only knew each other for 7sec. Cant trust everyone on the internet!
TheBagReport.com!

Just A Hobo

For all we know,This could be just some stupid rumor Jessi/Curtis made up.And I don't need any hate saying "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" Because neither do all of us.

chicago_animal

"Vine Megastar". Lol, that makes no sense.

Mike

I said it about Aaron Hernandez and I'll say it again: never trust someone with too many tattoos.

MrsTimberlake

Who tweets the next day about being raped? That in and of itself is fecked up.

Ccnicolex

I'm sorry, but all the "he said, she said" crap has got to stop. No one has any right to say anything about THEIR issues. No one knows the truth about what has happened, only the both of them. How would you feel if you were in either position and people calling you names or bashing you on a public website? It's just sad what the world is coming to. I only joined this page just so I could say my piece. I personally have a vine and follow the both of them, but that doesn't mean I know their personal life. So why don't all of you, who OBVIOUSLY don't know the real story from either side of their life, including me, back off and keep your ****ty comments to yourself. Find something else to do with your spare time.

Law student

I'm confused on why she allowed TMZ to release her name to the media. Is she thinking?

willhowcoop

Excuse me, but who the hell are these people?

m1shima

as someone who uses vine on the regular and follows both of them I can't and wont pick a side

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5