Failed 'Idol' Contestant

Arrested for Public Masturbation

... In Slushy Truck

1/17/2014 7:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-Samuel_Atherton-mug
If you thought this guy was weird on Wednesday night's "American Idol" premiere, just wait til you get a load of his rap sheet -- and we literally mean load --  the guy was convicted in 2010 after allegedly jerking it in a frozen lemonade truck ... while parked in front of a group of kids.

Sam Atherton had just finished serving frozen lemonade to a group of churchgoers and their kids when he was popped for "open and gross lewdness."

An eyewitness told police he saw Atherton "bobbing his head up and down ... with an intense look on his face" while vigorously moving his arm and shoulder. The witness claims when he approached Atherton to confront him, the guy's pants were around his ankles.

Atherton's excuse was classic ... he said he was just scratching his foot because of a severe fungus.

Atherton was convicted on two counts of lewdness and sentenced to two years probation.

Just when you thought nothing could be worse than his audition.

vidsoon

Didn't the lemonade company do a background check or sex offender check before hiring this guy?

arforama

You said LOAD.

August

Well, he wasn't going to make the headlines with his singing...

Slemon

scary.

KARMA K

I'm guessing his employer didn't do a back ground check. This pedophile should have gone too jail,sick piece of sh.t!

seanmc0331

At least he can still make 81 dollars an hour like patricia

cuddy90

Crackers

Columbo

And he gets on the show how?

seanmc0331

U sir are a ahole

August

I'll never think of LEMONADE the same ever again...

The Zombie

They had to throw in "churchgoers" as if this fruitcake didn't sound bad enough anyway.

svt

Keep stroking but next time have a few open containers when you get caught. Then hopefully they can take you to jail where some big 400 pound beauty can continue to stroke you and just might have a little something else for you also.

Just Steve

How do you say bonafied freak in English?

Just My Opinion

Not to be mean, but I watched him on that show, and thought, there is something wrong with that guy.

If this guy truly has a mental problem. If I were his family, I would have tried to have talk that dude out of going on that show. Being rejected can cause him more problems, depending on how well this dude can handle things.

I am not making fun of him, but his excuse was pretty funny tho. I have to take my pants down to scratch my foot. Would have made more sense if he had told them his balls was itching. LOL

If this dude has a mental problem God bless him. i know living in a type of a world we have today, it isn;t easy.

GossipKing