Madonna

Calling My Son the N-Word Was ...

'A Term of Endearment'

1/18/2014 1:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0118-madona-GettyMadonna says she had no idea people would take such offense over her use of the n-word yesterday -- even though at 55 she probably should.

Madge released a statement moments ago saying she's not a racist ... and her use of the hashtag "#disni**a" in reference to her son on Instagram Friday was not meant as a racial slur.

Madonna explains, "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention ... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white."

Madonna adds, "I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."

Translation: I should stay off Instagram.

woolly -Bear

Boy she sure as S#IT has turned into a real Fair Ground Douche Bag for the last 35 yrs. What with those Ropey nasty arms and that Leather like face that's been pulled back so many times it's starting to look like an A$$HOLE., Straight - up POS.......................... ;) ;( ;p

BSname

She couldn't think of another appropriate endearing word for her child ?
Madonna, you are white, like I am. The safest course in life is to never use that word.

AZ427fe

Only people that think using the N-word is okay are Blacks and White Liberals.

nikkiblueyes76

Tell you what, when African Americans cease to call EACH OTHER the "N" word... THEN people can bi***!

Observer

Black culture can say it.... yet others cannot?

Screw that double standard.
Get off her back and stop with the Politically Correct crap!

Bunch of Pansies.

thesphinx46

Go away already..

Blonde Ambition

Once an AW, always an AW. And Rocco's playing along with it. He must already be a twisted mess.

Simplebeauty27

That bitch think she down that's the stupidest thing I ever seen actually no it's not lol

Mary

Does she call her black children that word? I think a woman who has adopted black children would have more sensitivity.

Jenifer

OH! So, when GrossDonna does it, it's a "Term of endearment" (Really? I guess I can call my kids "Dumb****" and it's ok now?) Paula Deen does it 30 YEARS AGO, under duress, and it's "HANG HER!" "BOO! HISS!" Really?

al92lt1

She looks like Christopher Walken.

still2easy

Hate that no talent used up has been "B"!

Fletch

Do an Instagram search on #myni--a and #disni--a and you will see that thousands of white people use the N word as a term of endearment. It was a poor choice of words that offended a lot of people, but the intention was clearly the opposite of an insult. She just should have said #thisguy or something instead. It takes a big man to apologize and a bigger man to accept an apology.

monique

translation: i'm not as popular as i once was, i knew using this word would get me attention (and it did) ...until i can think up another publicity stunt i will milk this one as long as i can

Kristen82

It shouldn't have been taken as insult.. I'm not a racist, born and raised In Detroit. I'm white and when I walk into my black friends house that's the word they use to greet me. It's more so a slang word these days. There's a huge difference between the "gga" and the " gger ". She wasn't directing it towards anyone in racist manner. If it's seen as a racial slur, then perhaps it shouldn't be written into songs, which clearly defines that it's a term meaning "friend, homie" aka. If people are insulted and want to pull the race card, perhaps they themselves should stop using the word so freely. I've met some racist pigs and they don't use slang words like that.. They're straight out rude and mean.