'Shipping Wars' Star

Dead

After Suffering Heart Attack

1/19/2014 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0118-roy-garber-ae
One of the stars of the A&E show "Shipping Wars" died Friday night after suffering a heart attack ... TMZ has learned.

Roy Garber -- a popular character on the hit show -- was rushed to a hospital in Texas after suffering a heart attack and passed away shortly after -- this according to his long-time girlfriend.

Sources close to the family  tell us Roy had a heart condition for some time.

A rep for the show says they are "deeply saddened by the loss of a member of the A&E family."

He was 49-years old.

Donald

I hope his bidding shippers partners
are part of his convoy to show support to his family and Girl Friend. I loved his attitude that every shipment need to be perfect in his shipping! Peace with you Roy!

Brien

Considering what an a$$hole he was I'm not one bit surprised.

Mark Kuykendall

He was my favorite shipper.

Desiree650

RIP Roy! You will be terribly missed by your fans and all at A&E Television Networks. You were a Perfectionist in shipping and handling a customer's goods. Heaven has a new Angel.

Randy

Best character on the show. Sad.

Rammstein

he was a cantankerous old codger (even though he was only 49, way too young to die) who loved making his fellow transporters nuts by lowering the bids even if he was not the one who ultimately won the bid. He was good transporter who took no **** from anybody and he was a good parent to his pet.

joani

I am sad to hear of Roy's passing. Praying for his girlfriend and family. He had me in stiches ALOT with his comments. It seems that people are passing so young anymore . He really made the show... And YES ! Roy and Mark are the most experienced and the best ones there. Thanks for a few good years Roy...

craig williams

Wow what a loss, I can be leave it, I just found today about it Shipping Wars will not be the same without him, He like to talk trash and he could back it up to YOU will be miss

hanaverian

That is an unbelievable loss!! Roy was certainly the STAR of shipping wars,with him gone it's not even something I'd watch anymore.He had such a unique,tell it like it is personality and was one of a kind.He had the type of I don't care what anyone thinks attitude and that trait is a rare sort.I'm so sad over the loss of him.My sincere condolences to his family and especially to his beloved cat Muffy.I'm sure Muffy will notice him missing and be looking for him.Pets grieve too.What a tragic loss.RIP Roy,you'll be sadly missed:(

RosieO'Dumbbell

Who will be shipping the coffin?

I do hope the kitten is being well taken care of.

Michelle Mwangi

I'm so shocked. I loved Roy and his stinky attitude. I'm really gonna miss him.

Bruce

My favorite guy on that show. RIP. Hope his GF takes good care of his cat.

frevr3fn

Royota, was my favorite transporter,I hope muffy is ok. Along with his family and friends,even Chris and Robbie gotta be feeling something,also to his son ,ur dad was the man ans remember don't take **** from anyone....

bob

not a huge surprise considering how highstrung he was

ken

Roy You will be missed I enjoyed watching your shows I'm sorry that you're gone.. Rest in peace brother