'Shipping Wars' Star

Dead

After Suffering Heart Attack

1/19/2014 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0118-roy-garber-ae
One of the stars of the A&E show "Shipping Wars" died Friday night after suffering a heart attack ... TMZ has learned.

Roy Garber -- a popular character on the hit show -- was rushed to a hospital in Texas after suffering a heart attack and passed away shortly after -- this according to his long-time girlfriend.

Sources close to the family  tell us Roy had a heart condition for some time.

A rep for the show says they are "deeply saddened by the loss of a member of the A&E family."

He was 49-years old.

CHRIS PRATT

ROY WAS THE MOST ABRASIVE ******* GOD EVER PUT A BREATH IN. HE WAS WAY TOO ****Y TO BE LIKED. GOOD RIDDANCE TI TV'S BIGGEST ********!!!!!!

CHRIS PRATT

dontwanna screenname

One of the last of the American "take charge" breed. I enjoyed watching him on the show. My condolences to Roy's son and family

Rest in peace, Roy...

Jon fletch

Rip Roy

Transporter

Rip Roy you will be sadly missed in uk Lot people here love the show

tom fifield

He will be missed

Angelscry2

Wow what a great loose, but more so just 2 days later my husband passed Jan. 21st, 2014. Both my husband an myself watched this show even if there were repeats being aired.

LINDA

I am so sad to hear about Roy Garber, he is what made the show. The good ones always goes first.Give them hell on the other side. You will be missed.....

mark

thank God he is dead. What an azz he was.

mark

thank God he is dead. what an azz he was

misty918

RIP Roy you will be missed very much!!!!

Jim jones

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous..have some damn respect for Roy and his familyno matter how much you dislike him or whatever is no reason to talk trash about him like that after he lost his life..R.I.P ROY..prayers to family and friends!

Superman

Bum deal. He definitely put life in the show. R.I.P. Roy. Also, regardless of your opinions, someone has passed and people are grieving. If you don't have anything nice or positive to say keep your comments to yourself.

tubule

RIP Roy people have no room to judge you knew your job regardless what a One thinks

freedom

Rip Roy. I will miss u on the show. And to the ass hole who doesn't have anything nice to say.. Go to hell