'Shipping Wars' Star

Dead

After Suffering Heart Attack

1/19/2014 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0118-roy-garber-ae
One of the stars of the A&E show "Shipping Wars" died Friday night after suffering a heart attack ... TMZ has learned.

Roy Garber -- a popular character on the hit show -- was rushed to a hospital in Texas after suffering a heart attack and passed away shortly after -- this according to his long-time girlfriend.

Sources close to the family  tell us Roy had a heart condition for some time.

A rep for the show says they are "deeply saddened by the loss of a member of the A&E family."

He was 49-years old.

Keyman

I am going to miss ole Roy He was abrasive as hell but you
need people like that in the world as to get things done
He knew his job and was good at it The fact that he travelled with his cat was real cool RIP

Lisa Jayne

Roy will be sadly missed by SO many fans. He was the guy that you loved to hate (Not literally of course) He always got his work done with his beloved cat Muffy by his side. He was a business man through and through. My deepest sympathies to his gf and his family. He will be so missed on the show. It will not be same without him. He was the reason that I watched the show. :(

Wiley

RIP Roy he was my favorite

kennyp

I 'm shocked to see Roy died!!! I loved watching him. May God comfort his family and friends. RIP Roy!

getbaked

he was a chain smoking bitter drunk, not even the worms will bite him.

Lee

Roy was quite abrasive, sometimes overly so, but he was damn good at what he did. Plus, like others had mentioned, he traveled with a cat and that showed he did have a sensitive side. RIP Roy. :)

I do want to correct some misinformation that a few others have posted. Smoking is the number one cause of heart disease as well as many other diseases and disorders. I'm sure that Roy was well aware of that, but he made the decision to smoke and that was up to him. Smoking has a huge negative impact on your health and this whole "if it's your time to go then your vices don't matter" attitude is pure crap. I can 100% guarantee you that smoking shortened Roy's life.

Dennis

I am very sorry he passed away at such a young age but wether he was acting or being himself on the show , I would have kicked his ass around the block the way he treated his clients. I would like to think he was a good guy and playing an idiot role ! RSVP Roy !

ronnie ford

sorry to hear about roy from shipping wars show RIP

RC

OhWewll! He treated everyone like crap!! I always hated his "perfect just like me!" I alway felt really sorry for his kitty, poor thing always cooped up in his box!

Penny Mine

I was watching the new show and was wondering where he was , so i searched out Bidding Wars to see if I could find out ...gees!! the show will never be the same for me, I really enjoyed that guy on the show.. God Bless You Roy ! darn life sure can be cruel

New Mexico Love

good ridens this man had no respect for anyone. He dishonered veteran and all people. the only one he got along with was his cat. that is becuase his cat could not get away.

New Mexico Love

good riddance this man has no respect for anyone. He dishonored veteran and all people. the only one he got along with was his cat. that is because his cat could not get away.

Thomas

R.I.P Roy. The show will not be the same without you. You truly will be missed.

jeannette

SO SAD THAT ROY DIED. MY CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY. I LOVE SEEING SHIPPING WARS DUE TO THE FACT THAT ROY WAS MY FAVORITE. I JUST LEARNED THAT HE PASSED AWAY YESTERDAY. I WAS SEEING SHIPPING WARS AND I DIDNT SEE HIM ON THE SHOW. I WILL KEEP SEEING THE SHOW BUT IT WONT BE THE SAME SINCE ROYS NOT GONNA BE IN IT. LOVED HIS BOLDNESS AND THE MAN DID HIS JOB RIGHT. LOVED HIS SARCASM. I ALSO KNEW HE LOVED HIS CAT MUFFIN. SHE IS TRULY GONNA MISS HER DADDY. ITS JUST NOT THE SAME. R.I.P. ROY YOU ARE TRULY GONNA BE MISSED BY ME. :( <3

Mike