Eddie Murphy

I'm Not Your Daddy

So BACK OFF!

1/22/2014 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0127-eddie-brando-murphy-1

Eddie Murphy
is on the attack against a comedian who has not-so-subtly insinuated Eddie is his daddy.

Eddie's lawyer fired off several threatening letters to Brando Murphy, claiming the comedian has all but advertised on a sandwich board that he's Eddie's offspring.  In one letter -- obtained by TMZ -- Eddie's lawyer, legal pit bull Marty Singer, threatens to sue him for millions if he doesn't back off.

According to the letters, these are some of the things Brando has done:

-- Changed his last name to Murphy
-- Performing with Richard Pryor's son, Mason, in the "Sons of Comedy" tour.
-- Showing up at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Eddie frequents and screaming, "My father won't talk to me!"

Brando is not backing down, sending his own threatening letter to Eddie, insisting he's never presented himself as Eddie's son and calling Eddie's accusations "vile, base, contemptible, miserable, wretched and loathsome."

Brando says he'll sue Eddie for defamation if he continues what he calls a campaign of intimidation.

012114_brando_murphy_launch_v2

donlavell

Do the test and see.

Pamela

Simple way to solve this.....

KicksandGiggles

Maury can fix it once and for all. Stupid to fight - easy fix.

Gretel

Too bad he wasn't an aspiring singer or football/basketball player; so many more daddies to choose from.

Ray8

I wonder if his BFF is a Johnny Gill son look alike?

Astrogenotype

He is pretty funny though

Luz

Hes funny, though. And I don't know about fatherhood, but he does look alike to Eddie Murphy.

Kleinapple

He looks more like he could be Chris rock's kid instead of Eddie murphy

Panther

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Isn't that the same thing you said to Mel B.?? Yep, it sure is. From the looks of things, I wouldn't be too quick to deny this young man. We all know that you like to stick it in ANYTHING.

DW1982

That is not funny. Even if he was his biological son why doesn't he come up with a routine that doesn't defame Eddie Murphy?

marmar

Do a DNA and finish with crap

Jenifer

My husband and I saw him perform at LA Air Force Base. He never said he was his son. He did the "I look like him" bit, but never said he was his son. He is a funny comedian. Gave us some laughs. I did comment to my husband how much he looked like Eddie.

Mimi

What's that I hear in the distance? Is that Mel B laughing her ass off at deja vu??

Felicia Edwards

LOOKS LIKE EDDIE TO ME THEN AGAIN, I USED TO THINK ORLANDO BLOOM LOOKED LIKE EDDIE.

Brian

He has claimed to multiple people that he's his son. I've seen it in person at shows.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments