The Wanted

Breaks Up!!!

1/22/2014 12:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Breakup News

0122-the-wanted-getty
It's curtains for The Wanted after their upcoming tour -- the boy band just announced they're breaking up as soon as it's over.

The group just released a statement, saying, "This tour will be their last for a while as Tom, Max, Jay, Siva and Nathan have collectively decided to take time to pursue personal endeavours following the tour's conclusion."

Sources close to the group say Max and Nathan have already started solo projects ... and we're told Nathan decided he wanted out after collaborating with Ariana Grande on "Almost Is Never Enough."

The Wanted formed in 2009 and released their debut album in 2010, which included hits like "Glad You Came" and "All Time Low." Their upcoming Word of Mouth tour is set to wrap in May.

The statement goes on to say that "The Wanted" will continue to exist ... just not actively ... which is management speak for "That's all, folks!"

So we gotta ask ...

0121_the_wanted_remembering_footer

todd lee

Who gives a flying f***? I heard they broke up cause LiLo gave Max an STD

Steven Peacock

Awww... BOO HOO... WHO??

BadgerCorner

...and who are they?? lol

Blonde Ambition

What waste of space will take their place?

Kati

They did not break up, they are taking a BREAK. Do not read everything TMZ posts, sometimes they are accurate, sometimes they are not. It's like the News, it can be one sided or bias. Of course there are people who may not know The Wanted. And there are people who simply continuously hate and they may even know them, but who wants to be judged. I know the whole freedom of speech and I believe people have the right to express their opinion, but I always find it interesting; if not funny, that people who are not fans can say some negative things and post on that person page or information on them. It would appear they may be more of a fan than actual fans. I am a fan of The Wanted and I expressed my opinion like everyone else. Thank you and everyone have a great day.

Kati

marmar

They look like so stupid.

the truth

One down...One to go....

christy

I think they were managed by Scooter and have opened for Justin B more than once. They were ok, but not big time. They had no class and acted liked thugs at times always wanting to fight One Direction the Other boy band. They were SO jealous of their success it was funny. How do I know so much. I got bored and watched their "E" reality show. lol

teenie

I'm thinking they're just taking a break. It's a common thing among music groups. And although I LOVE The Backstreet Boys to death, why are they in the photo gallery? Might wanna fix that lol.

Yurra Knutz

Where Menudo at?

Biebersgranny

ONE LESS BUNCH OF PANSY, WHINEY LITTLE BOYS... WHEN BALLS DONT SEEM TO EVER DROP, ITS TIME TO BE GONE. JUSTIN BIEBERS BALLS ARE MORE DROPPED THAN THESE BOYS.... AND THATS SPEAKING KINDLY...
ANOTHER OVER HYPED BUNCH OF PANSIES.

Your S&M Girlfriend

OH MY GOD!!! This is awful news, just awful! People are going to throw themselves from high buildings ... Dear God, there will be mass suicides when this news hits the major news outlets. Oh please I hope it isn't true!!
Next.

ASH

The US dollar will collapse this year, power black outs, bank shut downs, martial law...
Now this?
Thanks alot you little whiney pricks1

pseudonym

Max contracting herpes by banging Lindsay wasn't good for their image.