'Sullivan & Son' Star

Arrested for Domestic Violence

1/30/2014 6:11 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0130_ahmed-ahmed_tmz
Ahmed Ahmed -- the comic who stars in the TBS sitcom "Sullivan & Son" -- was arrested for domestic violence in L.A. last night ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... cops responded to a caller who claimed people were fighting inside of a home.

When cops arrived to the scene, they discovered Ahmed and a female (believed to be his girlfriend) ... and we're told the woman had "visible marks."

Ahmed was immediately arrested for felony domestic violence and hauled to a nearby jail where he was booked. He was later released on $50k bail.

As for the woman, we're told she did not require medical treatment for her injuries.

Ahmed is pretty big on the comedy circuit -- and has appeared in a bunch of TV shows and movies including "Iron Man," "Punk'd" and "You Don't Mess with the Zohan."

BLUE UGLY 💩

Fat bully

BLUE UGLY 💩

Why are Arabs so abusive towards their women

awards

Bashing women isn't funny, eh?

Azi

Typical Arab culture.

Detroit_Allie

The Arab men who live near me (Dearborn) beat their women. It's common practice in that culture. Not being prejudice just stating the truth.

Champagne Jayne

Well if you make movies with fools like Kutcher and Downey Jr. - your iq drops to - 45.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

I watch a lot of television, but TMZ has a way of finding shows I've never even heard of let alone watched. Even so, beating on women is really bad news. It's hard to believe how many men do this. Sad and bad.

Kelly

Loser and fat bully. I'll remember not watch any of his crappy shows.

jay burton

Coming from an American Jew: Shame on all of you -- these are heavy allegations and the cir***stances are not yet completely known. This is America ... innocent until proven guilty, remember?

twosixone

Keep in mind that this is the only incident that has been reported, so far. There is no telling how many women he has done this and WORSE to. ****ing s***bag. I hope the judge throws the book at him. Maybe getting his ass beaten and ****ed in prison will teach him a lesson.

ComedyGirl

This guy is an absolute dirtbag pig. I live in Los Angeles and a friend of mine dated him in 2009 when he was filming his do***entary 'Just Like Us.' The texts & emails she showed me were horrific. He is such a tainted and disgusting soul. Very domineering, malicious, verbally, & emotionally abusive. She ended up in therapy and with a gas tank full of sugar (from him). This guy deserves every bit of negative publicity he's getting. He's a bad bad man. A egotistical narcissist also.

ComedyGirl

This girl was definitely NOT his first victim. I have a friend who dated Ahmed in 2009.. he got her fired from the Comedy Store when she broke up with him for being an alcoholic and being abusive to her. He put her in therapy and after it was all said and done and also put sugar in her gas tank to ruin her car!

ComedyGirl

twosixone

I 100% agree with ComedyGirl. This man is a monster and needs to be put behind bars. Speaking from personal experience.

ONTHEMIC

Normally I don't involve myself in comment threads, but after reading these horrible comments, I've felt compelled to respond. As a former employee of the Comedy Store (and a female member of the comedy community), I’m aware of who “comedygirl” is referring to, and she was fired for stealing money from the cash register, not because of her breakup with Ahmed. If she had to go to therapy it was for her own issues that existed long before she encountered Ahmed.

I’ve known Ahmed for over 20 years, and anyone that knows him would say he’s one of the most hardworking, honest, and upstanding comedians working today (with no prior arrests or convictions, if you bothered to do your research). It’s a shame people choose to use these public forums to publicly slander a man’s reputation without any proof or evidence to back up their claims. It's easy for people to play the victim instead of taking an adult and responsible approach to conflict. Ahmed is a gentleman that has been wrapped up in unfortunate cir***stances with an unfortunate woman who made unfortunate choices.

The case was also (rightly) dropped, in case anyone cared to actually read and follow up on stories before spreading defamation.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments