« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Boomer Esiason Roast

CHRIS CHRISTIE BOMBS

Dude, Stick to Bridge Tampering

1/31/2014 6:59 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013114_chris_christie_roast_launch
Like a commuter trying to cross the George Washington Bridge, Chris Christie's attempt at comedy last night came to a grinding halt at the Roast of Boomer Esiason in NYC.

The Gov. took the stage at the legendary Friars Club to roast the former NFL star and quickly learned the first lesson of comedy -- don't do it unless you're actually funny.

Among the lowlights ...

-- "When I was approached about doing to this event, I said yes right away. I said listen, 'I''ll do anything for Super Bowl winning quarterback Boomer Esiason'  ... and then i said, ya know, he didnt win that game did he? That was Joe Montana that won that game." [Boomer looks at his watch].

-- "Look at this dais ... I mean Robert Wuhl, seriously? I mean at this point, Robert will show up for anything."

-- "I mean I've seen bigger stars after bumping my head."

-- "What happened? Were Screech and the dog from Frasier busy today?"

And the Joke de la Resistance ... Christie PRETENDED like he was going to announce his candidacy for President of the United States ... but then, CURVEBALL!!!

Ya gotta watch the clip ... it's about as funny as learning your governor just misused Superstorm Sandy funds.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LittleJerrySeinfeld

He didn't bomb at all, he was getting laughs. You'll write anything for a title to get more clicks than you should. Because "Chris Christie at Roast" wouldn't do it. Morons.

Vote2012

Big Chris might be good for Ny Nj but he does not play well in the rest of the country. The bottom line is he could never ever win the White House. If NJ and NY is so great why do they have the highest taxes highest unemployment, highest gas prices the highest everything compared to the rest of the country, and people are moving out of those states by the thousands every week?

Jordan

Don't Laugh Harvey Christie Might Close the Bridge when it is time for the Seahawks to go to the Stadium.

EastCoastChopper

I've never seen a guy so FAT - So in love with himself!

zombie

I always love the bashing of anyone not in line with Harvey's gay liberal agenda. Biased much?

quit whining

Amazing. Such a seasoned Bully can't even succeed at roasting someone .. he probably thought the ROAST was actually food..

Andrew

Wow. What a total non-story. So many things wrong with this. #1….he was getting laughs. #2….Boomer was laughing. And #3, was Christie's set only the 2 minutes that TMZ shows? Doubt it. Will TMZ show the rest of it, along with the other roasters and put the reactions they got for context? Doubt it…..Hey guys and gals, your political bias is showing. I'd say keep away from politics and stick to sensationalizing stories but you don't even do that well.

gta

I actually thought he was decent and I don't even love the guy.

JOM

I was there He was fantastic..they only showed what they wanted..unbelievable

JOM

I was there..table 51
He was one of the funniest ones on stage.great writers for him
He was on for about 15 minutes they only showed 2..pitiful..he had everyone cracking up

PokerStar

Christie is in the crosshairs of the Democrats AND Republicans. And now the Raiders fans . . .