Marvin Gaye's Ex-Wife

Anna Gordy Gaye

Dead at 92

1/31/2014 6:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0131-marvin-anna-gaye-tumblr
Anna Gordy Gaye -- Marvin Gaye's ex-wife and older sister to Motown founder Berry Gordy -- died early this morning in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the family tell us Anna died at home from natural causes. Family members discovered she had died around 3AM.

Anna and Marvin got married in 1964, and she was a huge influence on his career. She co-composed two hits on his classic "What's Going On" album.

Marvin said his hit song "Pride and Joy" was inspired by his courtship of Anna back in the early 60s.

They had one child together -- Marvin Gaye III -- and eventually divorced in 1977. While they were estranged ... Marvin wrote "Anna's Song." It was released in 1978.

Anna was 92 years old.

Tazz

This is the bitch that wanted everything from him when they were divorcing and she got all profits from his next album. This is why he threw this crap together and had "Here my dear" on it. He hated the album and hated that he had to do it for her and her money grubbing hands.

verlinda

R.I.P. Anna

billybob

only the good die young!

Warren

RIP.. Here My Dear ablum by Marvin Gaye was made for Anna Gordy Gaye as part of the devoice settlement. I'm not sure she got the songs she wanted from that ablum.

TittyCity

Damn, she was way older....75 if he were alive and she's 92? He must've had some good D...or good rock.

Viper652

92 isnt THAT old these days. Its the new 80

myopinion

R.I.P. Anna!!!! Say hello to Marvin he is missed!

Anju

A special lady who has been a God influence in my life, who loved me every day for 8 years unconditionally till the end of her life! I love and will miss her dearly. I asked her one time “why do you think I’m here with you, why did God place me with you?” She replied “I don't know honey, God must really Love You” – XoAnju

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2