'Staind' Singer Aaron Lewis

'Redneck Crazy' Is an Attack On Women

2/1/2014 12:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013114_aaron_lewis_launch
"Staind" singer Aaron Lewis is slamming the country hit, "Redneck Crazy" by Tyler Farr ... saying it promotes violence toward women -- so he had the whole thing re-written.

Lewis says he HATES Farr's song -- about an angry guy who stalks and threatens his ex-GF.

Sample lyric:  "I'm gonna aim my headlights into your bedroom windows/Throw empty beer cans at both of your shadows."

The song -- which appears on Farr's debut album --  immediately shot to the top of the country charts ... and features some "Duck Dynasty" stars in the music video.

Lewis broke out his alternate version during a performance at a little bar in Medina, Ohio.

allinaweekswork

Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty sure there are at least 1,000 songs from different genres of music that are actually misogynist that we could be paying attention to.

KOKOPELLeigh

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I'd be terrified if my ex did the things he says in the song.

BB not bb

The song works either way. The rednecks seem to like it either way as long as it rhymes and promotes redneck pride. The first song promotes redneck crazy, which they enjoy, because it makes them look intimidating. Then the second version promotes redneck sanity, which is something they aspire to as well.

I don't think the issue is about abuse of women. A cheating spouse is not cool. It used to be if a man caught them cheating on him he could commit aggravated assault on the man and get away with it down south. There was such a thing as the sanctity of marriage.

Nowadays anything seems to go. Homosexuality, sister wives and God forbid what is coming down the pike.

Vince

Well I guess since a has been playing in a dive bar doesn't like the song you better change it. You know what song I hate? Everything by the band Staind!!

Tony626

All the crap in hip hop about women, and THIS is what the libs say is harmful to women...makes sense though. Like South Park says, you cannot criticize black people in society today.

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

Staind is still around? Who next ,Cinderella?!

BLUE UGLY 💩

~As bad as can~

SubH2O1682

Lets See: Aaron Lewis grew up in Massachusetts, went to Hebrew School, wrote a song called "Bonghits for Breakfast" and only recently jumped on the Country music train when his "alternative metal, nu-metal, post-grunge" career hit a brick wall. What the HELL does he know about how a red neck expresses a broken heart?!?!? That song says what millions of red neck men want to say but have been taught that it's not manly to show how bad a woman hurt his feelings.

Fry Daddy

The song talks about throwing empty beer cans at a HOUSE not the WOMAN. How is that domestic violence??? WTF!!!

cj

I've heard worse songs but I agree it's a horrible song.

The Zombie

People still pay to see Staind??? Fuktards.

Bruno

I still like Farr's version better.

Meanie

"Carrie" dug her keys into a suped up 4 wheel drive and took a louisville slugger to both headlights... big deal. It's a song.

Centaur

But if Carrie Underwood sings "I dug my key into the side
of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats...
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires...
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats." she's just "sassy."

EastCoastChopper

all of this new country with the fake TWAA AAAAANG has always rubbed my fur the wrong way...

Haaa aaaaaank Draaaa--aaa---aaaynk!