Woody Allen's Daughter

'He Sexually Assaulted Me'

Hollywood Should Stop Praising Him!

2/1/2014 4:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0201-woody-allen-tmzWoody Allen's daughter claims the director sexually assaulted her as a child ... on multiple occasions  ... and says Hollywood should be ASHAMED of itself for praising him at the Academy Awards.

In an open letter published in the New York Times, Dylan Farrow goes into horrific detail about the alleged abuse suffered at the hands of the man who adopted her.

"When I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me."

In the letter, Farrow says Allen's abuse didn't end there:

"I didn’t like it when he would stick his thumb in my mouth. I didn’t like it when I had to get in bed with him under the sheets when he was in his underwear. I didn’t like it when he would place his head in my naked lap and breathe in and breathe out."

Farrow claims she would try to hide from Allen, but he would always find her.

As she got older, Farrow claims the abuse took a huge toll on her mental health -- and she was so messed up, she developed an eating disorder and even cut herself.

0201-woody-allen-Dylan-Farrow-gettyFYI -- back in 1992, Dylan's mother, Mia Farrow,  reportedly accused Allen of sexually assaulting Dylan ... and he was investigated ... but prosecutors decided not to pursue charges because Dylan was too "fragile" to endure a trial.

At the time, Allen denied the allegations ... saying Mia was simply bitter about his affair with Soon-Yi Farrow Previn (another adopted daughter ... who he later married.)

In her letter, Dylan then goes after several Hollywood stars who have praised Allen throughout the years:

"What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"

"Woody Allen is a living testament to the way our society fails the survivors of sexual assault and abuse."

As for Woody ... he refused to comment on the New York Times story -- but has always maintained his innocence.

nick

I am mad that I love midnight in Paris and Melinda and Melinda and want to see blue Jasmine.....

Mlnred

I respect Romans protectiveness over his sister and speaking out even though it may cost him movies or TV themes. You rock Ronan

jwoolman

The reason so many people doubt the charges is not lack of sympathy for abuse victims- it's the very real doubts centered on Dylan's very neurotic mother Mia Farrow. Children are extremely susceptible to building false memories- even just leading questions can do it, overhearing conversations and even tv shows. Those memories, once established, operate the same as memories if real events. The timing of the charges (during a custody battle) is also suspect. Mia was understandably very angry with Woody, and her young daughter could easily have absorbed all that anger and be led in the way Mia wanted. This is why legal interrogators of young children need special training, it is so difficult to get information out if them without just having them tell you what you want to hear, based on your questions and what else they intuitively pick up from you. I am sure that Dylan is traumatized by her memories. I am not sure if those are memories of real events. Was she traumatized by Woody, or by Mia? We probably will never know for sure. People who continue to support Woody who actually know him are not necessarily ignoring the seriousness of child abuse. They may be making their own judgment about the likelihood of Woody actually doing what he is charged with, based on their own experiences with him. Meanwhile, Mia's golden child (the aging child prodigy) has acquired a public platform for the version of the story promoted by his mother since he was a very young child and not based on his own experiences. He has decided to push for a public vendetta against Woody, because he can and the publicity does not hurt the golden child (although I'm not so sure it's good for his sister) and is actually helping his career.

Mlnred

I used to respect Diane Keaton for her movies but now that she did this beach for ******* never again will I ever watch any of her movies!

Vegas2013

How horrible. And she has to hear all these "stars" talk about him like he's a genius just because he makes movies. Gross

Mlnred

If anyone would have done this to my child he would not be breathing right now!

billybob

Instead of making such allegations public, this gold digging bitch should sue him. If she can prove her allegations, she will win the lawsuit with lots of ca$h in her pocket.

But obviously, she decided to get some quick money by selling the story to the press. THIS stinks!

nick

Children build false memories?..I definitely remember events at the age if 7 and I wiukd definitely remember an event like that

tenley

Hollywood stars that would never defend, much less praise, Jerry Sandusky or other child predators and rapists should be ashamed for how they continue to turn a blind eye when the man is one of theirs. Hollywood is on the wrong side.

OCSeahawksfan

This will pass over and he will be praised as an artist with each passing moving. He's a sick disgusting pervert that needs to be punished to the full extent of the law if this is true. A man who married his adopted daughter is obviously missing his moral compass.

nick

Did anyone see the DRphil show recently where the billiinaire trust fund twins talk about their abuse ...how the boy was forced to eat feces?

paul a.

Innocent until proven guilty.......

Mlnred

So Woody Allen rot in hell!

sammieswagg3

In all honesty its not truly that hard to believe considering her did marry his adoptive daughter after he had been having an affair on his with her.... if its true... thats sad to hear and if not she needs some help to get her mental stability back inborder

nick