Woody Allen's Daughter

'He Sexually Assaulted Me'

Hollywood Should Stop Praising Him!

2/1/2014 4:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0201-woody-allen-tmzWoody Allen's daughter claims the director sexually assaulted her as a child ... on multiple occasions  ... and says Hollywood should be ASHAMED of itself for praising him at the Academy Awards.

In an open letter published in the New York Times, Dylan Farrow goes into horrific detail about the alleged abuse suffered at the hands of the man who adopted her.

"When I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me."

In the letter, Farrow says Allen's abuse didn't end there:

"I didn’t like it when he would stick his thumb in my mouth. I didn’t like it when I had to get in bed with him under the sheets when he was in his underwear. I didn’t like it when he would place his head in my naked lap and breathe in and breathe out."

Farrow claims she would try to hide from Allen, but he would always find her.

As she got older, Farrow claims the abuse took a huge toll on her mental health -- and she was so messed up, she developed an eating disorder and even cut herself.

0201-woody-allen-Dylan-Farrow-gettyFYI -- back in 1992, Dylan's mother, Mia Farrow,  reportedly accused Allen of sexually assaulting Dylan ... and he was investigated ... but prosecutors decided not to pursue charges because Dylan was too "fragile" to endure a trial.

At the time, Allen denied the allegations ... saying Mia was simply bitter about his affair with Soon-Yi Farrow Previn (another adopted daughter ... who he later married.)

In her letter, Dylan then goes after several Hollywood stars who have praised Allen throughout the years:

"What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"

"Woody Allen is a living testament to the way our society fails the survivors of sexual assault and abuse."

As for Woody ... he refused to comment on the New York Times story -- but has always maintained his innocence.

gossip_woman

does not surprise me. never cared for the guy. he has messed around with his adopted daughter and married her. he is capable of molesting other kids. he is sick.

Bossy Potato

He's a pig. Geez, just look at the creep. Why does Hollywood friggin praise him?!?! I'm seriously getting sick of this sh!t. I really do want to know why Hollywood is ok with this.

Queen.of.the.Obvious

The fact that he was attracted to, slept with, and later married his adopted daughter Soon-Yi should've been more than enough to end this man's career and the accolades that came along with it. Never liked the man based on that alone and this girl's words drive home my dislike for him even more.

unknow

He is married with his daughter?

Somerville

Connecticut Prosecutor Won't File Charges Against Woody Allen
By MELINDA HENNEBERGER
Published: September 25, 1993

A state's attorney in Connecticut said yesterday that he had "probable cause" to prosecute Woody Allen on charges that he sexually molested his adopted daughter, but had decided to spare her the trauma of a court appearance.

The state's attorney in Litchfield, Frank Maco, said he had drawn up an arrest warrant for Mr. Allen, but then decided not to pursue the case. He said the girl's mother, Mia Farrow, had agreed that dropping the charges was in her daughter's best interest.

"This was no time for a damn-the-torpedoes prosecutorial approach," Mr. Maco said at a news conference in Wallingford, Conn., yesterday.

But Mr. Maco seemed to go out of his way to say publicly that he believed the child had been molested. He was not obligated to make his decision, or his reasoning, public.

Mary

I used to enjoy his witty, intelligent films and essays. Ever since the Soon-Yi thing I haven't watched any of his movies. He had a physical relationship with his adopted daughter while he was married to her mother Mia in their house. He may be a good filmmaker but I don't care. I didn't know about the Dylan accusations until later. He's a horrible person.

nick

Woody Allen need to take a polygraph test.....he should not have anything to lose if he did not do what he is being accused of

Kanga30

Before rushing to judge him, read this article. There was never enough evidence to charge him. He was never arrested and yes, this was investigated thoroughly. I find it ironic too that Mia is a huge champion of ROMAN Polanski.

Jesnia

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that he could do it. There are so many normal people out there that do this **** everyday. What I mean by normal is not being a huge Hollywood movie star. He is just as capable of doing this horrible act as anybody that has been accused of this. Why is he so perfect why is he innocent and the child and mother a liar? That's what make this so disgusting!!!!!

Mike L

Is anybody else not buying this? Why did it take so long to come out? Could it be because her and her mother were fabricating the story? How about some proof? I'm not going to condemn a man without proof that he did something wrong. It may be the way the closed minded public likes to judge people, but its not the way the laws work in America.

Mlnred

St spared her her the trauma?! She's already been traumatized you should prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law!

Sherron

I have no idea if Allen is guilty or not. Mia Farrow used to do her best to turn the kids against him. It's obvious the son Roan is Sinatras even though Allen thought he was his. A lot of crap going on between the two of in those days! I hope it's not true, but wouldn't be surprised if it is!

Mlnred

She was traumatized by Woody Allen, and now she's traumatized because he is not been brought to justice!

Bill5martin

It is ridiculous that stars always say they want to work with him. I believe every word she says & I am sure he molested the daughter he married. That should have ended his career, but Hollywood only cares about one thing, money. People need to boycott hoods movies. I have never seen any of his movies in the theater, if at all. I hope he rots in hell.

nick

Take a polygraph test woody......call the Steve wilkos show or the Murray show or the test