Philip Seymour Hoffman

Off The Wagon & Drinking Before OD

2/3/2014 9:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0203-hoffman-bar-01
Philip Seymour Hoffman was in an Atlanta bar 3 days before he died ... drinking and smoking  ... and running in and out of the restroom.

The photo was taken around dinner time at a restaurant next door to the Hyatt in downtown Atlanta on January 30th.

A witness tells us ... Hoffman was with a woman at the bar ... and made "multiple trips" to the bathroom and the witness says it looked "sketchy."  The witness says it registered with him at the time ... that the trips to the restroom were curious.

Another witness says Hoffman appeared "drunk."

And, yet another witness saw him at the airport later and he appeared "drunk and disheveled."

The drinking itself is important ... because Hoffman was in rehab in May.

PitBullLover

i read another EYEWITNESS account of this evening and NONE of the s h i t you posted was reported....NONE.

p51d007

At least this bumped the Paul Walker saga off the pages for a while ;)

eljeran

he deserves better than to have this disgusting ugly glaring Hollywood light up his ass after this undignified death. His death alone was quite enough. I don't think I am alone here. We don't want to know this stuff about such a lovely man and you shouldn't be prying into it.

Tabitha

it is all here-say and people want to jump on the bandwagon of fame. Let the man REST IN PEACE. obviously he had issues. He paid for those issues. Going back and say what about this or that is not going to change anything for him or his family.

ROSSimRADIO

GERMANY HERE - ONE OF THE MOST VIEWER OF YOUR SITE...

stop this thrashing. TMZ, you are the bitches of all media. No respect for personal privacy? It sucks! Considering his private side, his problems. Maybe you understand then that a man is ticking, what makes him tick... !!!! - GET OFF !!!!

jay26mc

@BebeH The bartender at the restaurant Automatic Slims in the West Village where he ate Saturday night is the one that said he ordered cranberry and soda. This article is talking about him drinking at a bar in Atlanta on Thursday.

Rexxlaxx

Oh I get it. People actually believe TMZ cares about privacy and morality ? NOT !

Rexxlaxx

TMZ. Have you any shame?

Sheri

I understand everyone's dislike with tmz posting these pictures. But, it's what they do. If you don't like what they do, unlike they're page and move on. This is America and everyone has the right to voice they're opinion. Plus, maybe by putting a spotlight on this topic. It could help someone in crisis..

Kerry

Seriously? enough- let people RIP TMZ. You guys are disgusting.

BkstreetGrl

After reading, I am trying to understand some of the comments, and temper with the realization that many of the comments are just emotional opinions. I think the person who said "the man had issues, and died" "Get over it" was probably the most ignorant thing
i have read so far. We are not talking about just anyone, this man was one of the finest actors in recent time. He on more that one occasion shocked, made me smile, cry and now miss him dearly. If it was as easy as "get over it", I can assure you I am sure he would have. Please, before making such a uninformed not to mention an extremely callous and completely stupid thing, try walking a mile in an addicts shoes. I know for a fact, it is not the path a sane person would follow. It is an illness, with many factors. Just please, make no judgements, you have the right to your opinion, no matter how un- educationed, if not heartless. I know I will miss him. I can only imagine how his family and friends must be in pain.

BkstreetGrl