David Cassidy

Charged With DUI

2/4/2014 4:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0205-david-cassidy-tmz
David Cassidy has just been charged with one count of driving under the influence of alcohol  ... the L.A. City Attorney's office tells TMZ.

We broke the story ... Cassidy was arrested in L.A. Jan. 10th after cops say he made an illegal right turn. We're told he had alcohol on his breath ... and failed a field sobriety test.

Law enforcement sources tell us he blew a .19 in the field -- more than twice the legal limit --  and refused to submit to more testing back at the police station.

Cassidy has a prior conviction for DUI in FL ... and a DUI arrest in NY.  According to the city attorney, that means he'll serve a mandatory 96 hours in jail if convicted this time ... and could face up to a year behind bars.

1216_a_celebrity_dui_mug_shots_mugshots_footer

AnotherSubstance

I'm sleeping
And right in the middle of a good dream
When all at once I wake up
From something that keeps knockin' at my brain.
Before I go insane
I hold my pillow to my head
And spring up in my bed
Screaming out the words I dread:

I think I'm drunk

Bill Foresman

I think you get a pass on a single DUI but that's about all.

Sadiemay

Again !

Belizeanborn

AGAIN?! These celebrities keep getting off on charges and they keep going back to their drug & alcohol and they they end up like PSH.

Really

LOSER.....this guy took his fame and let it go to his head. At the same time David was popular so was Bobby Sherman and he has gone on to do great things with his life! So glad I was never a fan!!!!!

Me

The older he gets, the more he mirrors his father.

Alcoholism IS a progressive disease, David.

Rigby

I think it should be mandatory a year in jail for DUI and loss of license for a year once out if jail. Of friend mine was killed coming home from work minding her own business when some turd driving drunk ran a red light and killed her... It's ridiculous how so many people get multiple DUIs and haven't learned a thing. It's disgusting.

DDKITTY

Taxi, limo....c'mon! You have money! Stop driving!!!

Bill5461

He has NOT been convicted in NY..The case is still pending. Next court appearance is in March

wingfreak

Then let's hope the next time he does it he hits a telephone pole so he is the only one that gets hurt or killed. Selfish prick. That fantastic LA justice system (or lack thereof) should be held accountable for their lack of action as well.

Diane

Really! only a year! You have got to be kidding me!!!! They really need to change the laws and why is he still driving????? OMG!

toddpugz7111

Dude, take a cab!

JIMMY

Sounds like he needs to spend some time at the hard rock hotel. He doesn't get it.

Carole

I am saddened by David Cassidy's continuing problems. Having known his late father, Jack, I think he has a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction. Please get help!

summerchaser

Its a shame......... he is older perhaps not getting any work...... and looks like he finally left Florida as he had a record there and now in ca......... He needs rehab.... and i believe he is demon is only liquor.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments