Diddy to Waitress

Here's Your Tip

Bet On Seattle

2/5/2014 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0204-diddy-01
Diddy and his entourage rang up a $200 tab at a NYC bar during the Super Bowl ... then STIFFED their waitress on the tip ... according to the bar which is now publicly shaming the multi-millionaire.

Employees say on Sunday Sean Combs and his friends were at The Bar located in the Dream Hotel  ... and when the bar manager asked Diddy if he was receiving good service ... Diddy said everything was A-ok.

But when it came time to pay ... staffers say Diddy left a giant goose egg for gratuity.

Now The Bar is calling him out ... ridiculing him on its Facebook page -- "Although [Diddy's] Net worth is in the millions, he felt it necessary to stiff a hard working young girl for $40 bucks. What a gentleman....!!!"

Of course it's possible Diddy thought, for once, someone else in his entourage would pick up the tab. We've reached out to him ... so far no response.

Chica

I know tipping is not required, but if you're fortunate enough to be that wealthy, there's no excuse, unless the service was bad. He's a D-bag who thinks he's Frank Sinatra, and it's laughable. I heard he's also engaged, so now he'll probably add five more kids to his oversized brood.

DaveL

Here in California waitresses are paid a minimum of $8 an hour. Yet they still consider a 20% tip an insult.

I was at IHOP several weeks ago and the waitress got pissed that I didn't leave a tip. She came running up to me as I was at the register speaking with the manager. She was screaming at me. She only shut up when the manager pointed out to her that she failed to ever bring us our food. Hopefully she was fired. I wouldn't know as I'll never eat there again... after years of having Sunday breakfast there every single week.

TuxThePenguin

f*cknut

Qballz

A $40 tip from a $200 tab is 20%. He didn't do anything wrong. Just because he's rich doesn't mean she deserves to get more than 20%.

stinky mcgee

I tend to over-tip a little but if I were famous I would over-tip a lot. However, why do we need to supplement some cheap employers wages? Mark up your food and pay your employees living wages.

satan

Wow...a ****** not tipping? Shocking...this is typical of ****** animals

RedwoodPerch

The owner of the hotel spent $20 million on his wedding. And now he's griping about $40.

marcy

I am so tired of waiters and waitress's thinking they are owed any kind of tip at all. I only tip when the service is really good, and thing less than that you do not deserve any compensation at all.

Joe Fahtugaloopi

Typical, just like Scottie No Tipping Pippen!

Morticia Cowghoul

What a looser. Stiffing a wait person is basically the same thing as asking them to work for free! Most service folk only make around $2.50/hr. I wonder how CoCo Puffy would feel if some assumed he wouldn't mind working for free. I bet he'd throw a dang fit. LOOSER DELUXE!

bill_leslie

Rick James says: Another example of why they should have never have you n*g*e*s money.

porkchop

Shame on that BAR!!! Maybe the service was ****tee and not worth tipping for! Tips are up to the customer and if Diddy didn't feel it was deserving of a tip then he shouldn't be shamed into one! The place needs to look at its service, AND at how it treats its customers!

CremeBrulee

He more than likely thought her tip was the privilege to serve him. Or reparations for slavery.

Patty

Figures. Diddy is a chronic non-tipper. He's made "worst celebrity tippers" lists several times online, so it's not a matter of bad service - he's simply a cheap-ass.

cajuncreole

Most places in Southbeach add %15 gratuity to every check because of ppl like Diddy if you know what I mean.