« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Pacquiáo

Yes, I Eat Aborted Duck Fetuses

... It's a Filipino Thing

2/7/2014 12:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020614_manny_pacquiao_launchRocky drank raw eggs for protein ... but Manny Pacquiáo takes things a step further ... 'cause TMZ sports has learned, the eggs he likes to eat are filled with UNBORN BABY DUCKLINGS.

It's true ... the boiled duck fetuses -- called Balut -- are all the rage in the champ's native Philippines.  The little duckies are cooked ALIVE right before they hatch ... and are eaten out of the shell.

Pac-man was at a press conference for his upcoming Timothy Bradley fight in NYC today ... when we asked him if the popular Filipino snack tastes as nasty as it looks.

Check out the clip ... Manny's face tells the whole story.

0206-balut-embryo-yolk

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Breaking Bones

and trust me that's some of the better dishes they have in the Philippines

daneeechan

Now this is the news I have been waiting for!!!!!!!!! Alright TMZ!!

FLEX

When did he say he eats them regularly like "Rocky did with raw eggs"? Hell I never heard him say he's tried it. He said it was popular, but he almost looked like he was disgusted at the idea lol.

vroomvroom

Just ewwww

idiots_abound

These have been featured on Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmerman, Amazing Race and Survivor. Old news, TMZ.

robert

You need to check out the "LA Beast" on YouTube. He eats a plateful of these things. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsFc3ZVPNHI

super_bidi

That's f'd up.

Julia

Its so disgusting and cruel

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

I've traveled everywhere on this planet and the two countries I will NEVER return to...1) Russia, when I was there in a market they were selling old loafs of bread with maggots inside....they're advice; just dust them off! 2) the Philippines. Once , at a outdoor market, cooked meat was hanging on hooks when asked what type of meat was it he replied" collie"......as in dog!!!! Never again. The humidity,...dont ask!

Rachel

It's called, Balut. Manny is filipino and thats what they eat. How is it any different then you eating eggs? How is this a story?

TuxThePenguin

Very popular in Hawai'i. nothing new here.

B

It's funny to see tmz post anything for news. Get ur act straight, this isn't anything new to a lot of people. It's also been shown on tv. I can go out anytime and get those if I wanted to so don't make it seem any worse than it really is.

LetsBeReAL

That's gross. Like straight up GROSS! I don't eat eggs either way but this doesn't even make eggs a thought.

AllieHughes

Gross

Machelle

That very well might be THE most sickening thing I've read in a long while...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments