« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Pacquiáo

Yes, I Eat Aborted Duck Fetuses

... It's a Filipino Thing

2/7/2014 12:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020614_manny_pacquiao_launchRocky drank raw eggs for protein ... but Manny Pacquiáo takes things a step further ... 'cause TMZ sports has learned, the eggs he likes to eat are filled with UNBORN BABY DUCKLINGS.

It's true ... the boiled duck fetuses -- called Balut -- are all the rage in the champ's native Philippines.  The little duckies are cooked ALIVE right before they hatch ... and are eaten out of the shell.

Pac-man was at a press conference for his upcoming Timothy Bradley fight in NYC today ... when we asked him if the popular Filipino snack tastes as nasty as it looks.

Check out the clip ... Manny's face tells the whole story.

0206-balut-embryo-yolk

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Btrxkdo

This is one of the most culturally insensitive stories I've read from TMZ. It's one thing to talk about an individual but to pinpoint that this custom is strictly a Filipino tradition is far from true. It's done in many other Asian cultures but very popular in the Philippines. If you've ever watched "Bizarre Foods" you'd know balut and various other cultural foods have been featured and maybe you'd learn a thing or two about different cultures. Stop being ignorant and go get an education in humanity.

maricar

yum, it's delicious..tried it already..

Jazzi

Those people are just nasty! The things they eat make me want to puke and never eat again! Just sick!

ccontheblock

There are two kinds of balut - with and without the fetus. They're equally yummy. Try both with vinegar and salt; it's just lip smacking.

Plus, it has helps strengthen your knees.

itzkathy

I'll bet even the DUCK Dynasty guys wouldn't eat that, and they LOVE DUCK!!!!

nj

asians eat weird things

tan

hahahaha your all idiots beyond my own belief. I'm just going to pretend I never saw this. hahahhahaha

oh . im going to eat a babies and pig penis every morning for the rest of my life. aka eggs and sausages

Mej

I am from the Philippines and balut is actually one of my favorite streetfoods. It tastes really nice with a little salt or vinegar. nomnomnom :3

Carmela

This is news in the U.S?. it is very normal here in the Philippines, i dont eat balut though.

borninabarn

My now wife had me try it when I was over there courting her not knowing what it was it didn't taste bad until I found out what it was.I will pass next time.

Jenny

There's nothing eating balut. That's how we live here in the PH and also its one of our delicacy. There's nothing wrong with it, compared to eating lots of foods and make them big like a pig. Whats the difference with eggs that we cook in the morning and Balut? Nothing! Its the same, we prevent them from living in the PLANET. So they tell us that we are cruel for doing this. Cause if it is, then we should stop eating EGGS and CHICKEN. - dump people

huqobnh

thats why he is strong and built.. an egg packs 16g of protein

huqobnh

a Balut egg packs 16g of protein each.... it takes 2 bites to finish 1 egg.... and you can comfortably eat 6-8 of these and get full easily... no wonder Manny is strong and built...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3