George Zimmerman Fight

Cancelled

Promoter Gets Cold Feet

2/8/2014 1:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0208-george-zimmerman-dmx-tmzGeorge Zimmerman will not be going toe-to-toe with DMX in a celebrity boxing event ... and the promoter says it's because his conscience finally kicked in.

The promoter for the event took to Twitter Saturday afternoon to officially cancel the event ... and said he finally realized there's "more to life then money."

The promoter adds, "Just looked at my son and daughter today wow I'm so lucky those people must be in so much pain ... all you people are right."

Unclear exactly what he meant by "those people" ... but probably a poor choice of words.

CremeBrulee

No one would have been dumb enough to insure that fight and security costs would have been astronomical. Glad the fight promoters conscience kicked in, lol!

KnuckleDragger

My co-worker's sister-in-law makes $68 every hour porking Zimmerman's brown eye!

isa98

YOU SON OF A BITCHES I WANT MY ZIMMERMAN BEAT DOWN SLAUGHTER FIGHT! >:#

jdubu2

QUIT TRYING MAKE THIS A RACIAL THING TMZ!!"those people" clearly meant the parents of Trayvon. Nothing more then that.

goldtiger16

"You people" refer to those 70,000 people that signed the petition most likely.

ellenviola

THIS IS NOT LIKE DMX HE HAS SPOKEN ON SUCH GREAT APPRECIATION FOR THE LORD, THE LORDS FORGIVENESS..........HE BELIEVES IN JESUS... HE WANTS PEOPLE TO PRAY FOR HIM.. HE SHOUDL BE TELLING US TO PRAY FOR GEORGE ZIMMERMAN..,,.......IM DISSAPOINTED IN WHERE IS HEART IS GOING...............PLEASE COME BACK DMX TO THE LORD

Matt

When this was first announced I said it would never happen and it was all for publicity by the promoter. Have you seen his previous low rent fights? OF COURSE this was cancelled.

Patrick Bateman

First off TMZ, there's a difference between getting cold feet, and having a conscience. btw, you're writer has a poor choice of words, F**king **** disturbers.

Changeitback

They should fight but all proceeds go to charity so at least something good will come out of this

Xianne

Loser

Xianne

When did a killer grow a conscience ?! Or should I say how!!!

CarnageHall

First of all, Zimmerman was trying to extend his 15 minutes of infamy. He's an out-of-shape bigot loser, and would never square up with anyone past the age of 12. That said, DMX is also a loser, but I used to listen to him regularly when I was in High School. Yes, Darkman X, you were only cool to high school students... But back to Zimmerman, he knew he was never going to accept this. He was just so in love with the idea of being relevant still, that he entertained this fight. DMX would have pierced him silly! Also, Zimmerman only picks on youth, and for that coward to have skated away from his actions, is disgusting to me. Furthermore, TMZ, when commentating on a highly public-facing post, know when to use "then" vs. "than," for **** sake...sadly, I read this **** from my phone after a few drinks, and was so disgusted with the subjects, but also TMZ , that I had to respond...way to give Zimmerman the attention he wants, and DMX, the attention he needs. This is why America media is laughed, and **** on at the same time....congrats TMZ, you did a great job of making celebrities out of criminals and scrubs... This was written in haste from a cell phone, so please excuse my errors in grammar, but not the accuracy of your failures :))

MADE MAN

Make up your mind first it's not about money now it's more to life than money. Why does the promoter care about his family when it's not the promoter fighting lol. Just foolishness

STNCA

Well I can't say I'm surprised. That's a lot of liability to take on cuz let's face it, no matter who gets in the ring with Zimmerman, he's gonna get his ass beat down, rightly so, but still, it would amount to televised, pay per view, street justice. There isn't enough insurance in the whole world to cover that. It will still happen, just not on live television.

GetOverYourself

The Christian Patriots are victorious once again! The socialist liberal agenda will not prevail today!