George Zimmerman Fight

Cancelled

Promoter Gets Cold Feet

2/8/2014 1:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0208-george-zimmerman-dmx-tmzGeorge Zimmerman will not be going toe-to-toe with DMX in a celebrity boxing event ... and the promoter says it's because his conscience finally kicked in.

The promoter for the event took to Twitter Saturday afternoon to officially cancel the event ... and said he finally realized there's "more to life then money."

The promoter adds, "Just looked at my son and daughter today wow I'm so lucky those people must be in so much pain ... all you people are right."

Unclear exactly what he meant by "those people" ... but probably a poor choice of words.

Zombie Whitney Houston

I knew this would never happen. I don't think DMX even really wanted to fight the guy. He was making money to be the issue but in reality, I think he was afraid Zimmerman would beat the piss out of him. That would be a disaster for what little career DMX has left.

E

Conscience, nothing; he just realised it was going to be an insurance nightmare and he'd have more lawsuits than profit.

Barry Soetoro

Big George was too much and DMX got cold feet.

News Flash

Why do all DMX supporters act like inmates?

campy

those people always means black people

Mel

Promoter is used 4 times so who is it TMZ? Who is the promoter? We all know you love to tell so how come not this time?? I smell BS

Mel

WHO is the promoter??? Why won't you say their name??? BS tmz

spader

Bet some greed $#^%$&^ ends up following through on this fight.

Roman Moroni

Zimmerman looks just like Kaepernick lost bros

Justsaying

It's hilarious people keep saying innocent boy! I have a bullet for every so called innocent boy

thatguyfromthegrove

He was a racist thug who talked about beating up crackers and honkeys snuck up on someone and sucker punched him and started attacking him. He was scared? He should have ran home. And Ice tea? Nope fruit punch he was going home to mix with other ingredients to get messed up check your facts

Perky

I'm somewhat disappointed the Jew-Mex-Nhiggah-Homeboy-Mashup isn't going to happen. I was mostly looking forward to seeing the post-match shoot-up.

thatguyfromthegrove

And dmx I liked him as a teenager but "you have a daughter older than 15 ima rape her" is something I steer clear from

PhoenixFuller

Good! No reason for anyone to profit. I bet the promoter couldn't find any sponsors for this mess. Or maybe he realized he might end up like George's other lawyers and never get paid, while George lives off the "charity". DMX it's a shame that you are so low in your career and messed up off drugs that you would enter into such a thing. Let's not forget how TMZ was promoting the match up. Now they don't even want to acknowledge the promoter's name.

Truth

DMX would have no-showed anyway. And wtf is wrong with saying "those people". You PC fools are hilarious.