Philip Seymour Hoffman

Rehab Friends

Scared Straight

2/9/2014 1:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0209_philip_seymour_hoffman_getty2A group of friends who were in treatment with Philip Seymour Hoffman are vowing to stay sober FOR GOOD following his death ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with a woman in rehab with PSH -- we kept her name confidential for obvious reasons -- and she says a bunch of people in rehab and Narcotics Anonymous with Hoffman made a pact after he died to not only stay sober from now on for themselves ... but also for Philip.

We're told his death was a "pivotal moment in their recovery" ... because they realized no one is invincible ... even rich celebrities.

0203_remembering_philip_seymour_hoffman_footer

Shelley_petro

They'll be on this story for awhile.

Demi

Stop milking this story already. So. Disgusting what is being done .

CremeBrulee

I think it's more like PSHs "friends" in rehab are more interested in their 15 minutes.

Timmy Time

1 idiot down and millions more to go! To bad PSH wasn't black, maybe he could have taken that wigger Justin Beiber with him!

Being scared straight does not keep someone sober.
`
Addiction is physical & psychological.... Frequent therapy is needed. Not just NA or AA meetings.

Bill5martin

You are telling me they thought celebrities & rich ppl didn't OD. Should I start a list? I mean start with PSH, Heath Ledger, River Phoenix, Britney Murphy, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Anna Nicole Smith etc etc. I think this may last a little while, but after awhile it will where off on some of them. That is just the statistics. Look at all the celebrity rehab people who have died. The fact is people are getting hooked on prescription opiates. Some who seriously need them and get hooked like vets from Iraq and Afghanistan. Their doctors either cut them off or there doctor may get busted by the DEA. So they turn to heroin. The withdraws of opiates are horrible. I don't know how someone who gets past the withdraws could ever take a opiate again.

Bill5martin

Dacarp

These comments show what caliber of personalties frequent TMZ articles.

Timmy Time

My step mothers dead uncle makes $100per hour for prostitution online look at my website www.blowme.***

regrock2929

Some of the coments on here make me sick let the man rest in peace Jesus

Rolm

Sure they are these pigs will be snorting, sticking needles, smoking and swallowing street drugs as soon as they need the next fix.

j

Do you think you know, you took to big of shot ??? What u get a minute or two of holy s... I am going to die... so fn sad. How can we ever forget. how it ended...

nick

They never heard of Jimmy Hendrix or Janis joplin

tony

well i hope his friends can stay clean

Carl

Look, I hope it helps them stay straight... but EVERYONE in rehab thinks they are going to stay off drugs forever and unfortunately a lot don't. So take this with a grain of salt.