Shayne Lamas

in a Coma

Loses Baby

2/10/2014 11:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0210-shayne-lamas-tmz
update_graphic_red_bar
UPDATE:  2:23 PM PT ... Shayne's husband, Nik Richie, just went on the record with TMZ, telling us, "Shayne had a life-saving emergency surgery.  She is on a ventilator system and is in a sedation-induced coma.  Her vital signs are now currently stable."
update_grey_gray_bar
Tragedy has struck the Lamas family -- Lorenzo Lamas' daughter Shayne (famous for her stint on "The Bachelor") has just lost her baby from a freak pregnancy complication ... and she's in a coma.

TMZ broke the story last month -- Shayne and her husband Nik Richie (founder of TheDirty.com) were pregnant with their second child.  Shayne was 16 weeks along.

But Sunday, at 7:35pm, law enforcement sources tell us paramedics were called and rushed to Nik and Shayne's OC home after Shayne collapsed. She was taken to the hospital.

When Shayne arrived, doctors determined she was bleeding internally around her uterus and the situation was dire.  Doctors were stumped and brought in specialists to figure out what was causing the bleeding.

Shayne lost the unborn child during surgery.

We're told Shayne is currently in a coma and not breathing on her own.  Doctors are optimistic about her recovery.

Nik and Shayne's dad Lorenzo are by her side.

022114_llamas_richie_tmzlive_launch_v4

Trina

Loosing a baby is so heartbreaking, prayers to this family and may Shayne come out of her coma.

Bruno

I don't like any of them, but it's still very sad and I am sorry for their loss.

Loren114

Sorry for your loss. Get well soon shayne. Sending a prayer :(

Rock

Very sad highly doubt she or the baby deserved this kind of tragedy my prayers with her n the family

Specimen Yarp

What exactly are you praying for? Your God already killed the baby. And don't expect him to answer since he has a few more thousand babies in Africa to kill by starvation today. You Christians are one pathetic brainwashed cult.

cass

Karma's a b!tch, you sorry a$$ mother focker!!!

KnuckleDragger

Terrible news. Condolences to the Richie family.

Carriejane

Most you people making evil comments about this poor woman because you hate her husband, are exactlly like HIM ! You talk awful sh*t about people you don't know and say mean things that may or may NOT be true. Yet you judge an unborn child for HIS ACTIONS.Go mirror look in the mirror, everytime you post something nasty, your just like him.

Heather

So sad. As someone who has lost a baby, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, regardless of what we think of them! I hope she gets better soon and so sorry for their loss

billybob

From that coma she will wake up with a brain damage. Better never let her wake up . . .

The Executives Wife

As a mamma, my heart breaks for them. So sad to lose an unborn child. I hope she pulls thru. She is going to need a lot of love and support. Physically and emotionally.I don't frequent Niks site because it's not really my thing but he is really just a guy making money off trolls who like to talk smack behind their computers. I don't hate him for it. Nothing but good thoughts for him and his wife.

Jason

I don't feel sorry for Nik, I've been reading all his BS online for years now, he deserves what he gets. Again, don't feel sorry for this loser, but feel sorry for Shayne and the baby.

Kathleen

I am so sorry to hear this news..I am praying for Shayne to heal quickly.

bmsvds

What an awful thing to happen. She's comatose and not breathing on her own so "optimistic" is not quite the word doctors should use to describe this.

bmsvds

In a coma and not breathing on her own. Yet doctors are optimistic about her recovery. WTF?