Amanda Bynes

Judge Praises Mom for Job Well Done

2/11/2014 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211-amanda-bynes-tmz
Amanda Bynes has made progress by leaps and bounds, and today the judge in her conservatorship case credited her mother for the shocking progress.

TMZ broke the story ... Lynn Bynes became Amanda's conservator during her darkest hours -- after she started a fire in a neighbor's driveway and soaked her dog in gasoline.  TMZ first reported doctors later diagnosed her with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

Today Lynn and Rick Bynes appeared in Oxnard court ... to sort out Lynn's duties as conservator.

The judge made it short and sweet, saying, "Good job, Mrs. Bynes.  Well done."

Amanda is now living at her parent's home and is attending fashion design classes in the O.C.

0212-amanda-bynes-mother-02

Holy moly

Lesson taken from this story: childhood actors never really get to grow up. They obviously need a lot of attention even after they are past their childhood days. So sad that she got so crazy but I'm happy to hear she's doing better. Maybe justin should learn from amanda. NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER HAVE YOUR BACK LIKE YOUR FAMILY! Not Friends. Not your manager. Not Usher. Not even selena.

21stcent

Good for her! Hope she stays level.

Bruce

I love you, I can't stand you? I just can't make up my mind. I never thought I would put you in the same breath as the likes of Britney Spears or now Justin Bieber but here we are...You were so right to have wanted to retire a few years ago from an industry that has to throw an award show every other week to justify their existence! ??????You have enough money and countless numbers of people who adore you for your work?(and personality) Move on to your next phase , and enjoy life , stay away from drugs and keep your family and friends (not Hollywood) close. Sounds like your on track ! I applaud your mothers efforts , but you also deserve a huge amount of the credit yourself. Be proud of yourself too! Move on and don't look back... Still a Fan, BB

Sarah

Amanda Bynes is not like Justin Bieber, Lindsay Lohan or Miley Cyrus, she has a serious mental health issue. She's not a drug addict as some people on here seem to think and seem to think that's why she was behaving like she was. It's not her fault she got ill and it can happen to anyone famous or not. So glad to hear she's doing better and I hope it stays that way, although she will have her ups and downs. She's a very nice girl and I've never heard stories before she got ill about her being nasty. Wish her the best.

NOT ELMO

GLAD TO SEE THAT....

August

She's beautiful and talented...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4