David Cassidy

Wife Files for Divorce

2/11/2014 1:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

david-cassidy-sue-gettyDavid Cassidy's wife will file for divorce this morning ... ending their 23-year marriage ... TMZ has learned.

Sue Cassidy is not saying whether the decision to divorce has anything to do with David's ongoing and often losing battle with alcohol ... but she tells TMZ, "I'm glad David is getting the help he needs and I am confident he will come back better and stronger than ever."

David was arrested last month in L.A. for DUI and is currently in rehab.  This is his 3rd DUI arrest.

The couple has been together for 28 years and have a son, Beau, 23.

Sue says the decision to divorce isn't coming out of the blue, saying, "This has been looming for some time."  But she adds, "I am truly heartbroken that our marriage is ending."

We're told the couple has been living separately for 4 months.

1202_split_stars_independent_footer

Crabby

maybe this will cause him to get drunk and drive and crash into a tree .

just because

whats up with helicopter pilots going estrogen pills

Jazzi

Oh well! They all come to an end, sooner or later!
This marriage lasted a very long time. Life goes on!

Lynn317

The end of their 23 year marriage is just another casualty of addiction.
A large percentage of these dysfunctional celebrities in the news - are the result of the ravages of addiction and the grievous toll it has taken in their lives. And for every one we hear about, there is a much larger percentage of addicts falling apart in seclusion.
The collateral damage from Addiction is ugly, destructive and deadly - not just for the addict ... but to those closest to them. To say alcohol and drug addiction is Tragic - is an enormous understatement.

Truth

TOTAL WACK JOB SINCE CELEBRITY APPRENTICE. DUDE IS AN ADDICT JUST LIKE RODMAN WAS ON THE SHOW... DUDE HAS MORE SHAKES THAN MICHAEL J FOX. #COCAINE IS HELLUVA DRUG! #TRUTH!!

Choose Laughter

Alcohol numbs you, he is drinking to escape, I was in a relationship with a drunk and it can be very lonely.

August

David Cassidy "WTF...I'M MARRIED?"

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

I give the lady credit, she stayed with him this long!

wingfreak

Stay off the road ya drunk phuk

Passthepeas

"I Think I Love You" (no mo')

She's baaaack

She has that "rode hard and put away wet" look about her. I guess the adage that everyone looks better after 2 a.m., or in David's case 2 p.m. makes sense in this case.

Vaako

His father was a great actor who played in one of my favorite Columbo episodes. : ) but I wasn't aware his son David Cassidy is such a great singer, the song I just listened on youtube was "Daydreamer". Nice.

Sheldon Siegel

Well, his father was Jack Cassidy so why shouldn't he also be Jack-Assidy.

Clytemnestra

Alcoholism strikes again. It is amazing how many people suffer from this addiction. It runs rampant in my family...killed my mother, absolutely trashed my brother's life. Uncle and nephew, too. Very sad.

Laura Wieczorek

David isn't Justin Biebers rel father.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments