Drake to Jeweler

I Didn't Rip You Off

You Ripped Off King Tut!

2/11/2014 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0212-drake-owl-necklace
Drake claims he's the victim of a pyramid scheme -- and is targeting a prominent jeweler.

TMZ broke the story ... New York jeweler Michael Raphael of Baden Baden, Inc. claims he created a $50K diamond studded platinum owl pendant for Drake ... based on a logo he's been using for years. The jeweler claimed Drizzy then knocked off replicas of the pendant ... thus the lawsuit.

In his legal docs, Drake says the jeweler doesn't own the design -- pharaohs do ... because it's based on an ancient Egyptian hieroglyph -- a symbol that may be more than 5,000 years old.

0212-subasset-drake-owl

Drake says the owl hieroglyph -- a pictographic symbol for the letter 'M' -- can't be copyrighted ... so the jeweler's case is bogus.

Drake wants the jeweler to Tut up ... so he's asking the judge to throw the case out.

0127_guess_whose_big_bling_footer

CremeBrulee

In African mythology, owls are considered harbingers of death. I'm sure the jeweler is terrified, Drake.

The world is disgusting

Loser.

Nobody Special

Why do Rappers feel they need to wear woman's ear-rings, all kinds of necklaces, bracelets, rings etc.?

Do they look in the mirror and say,
"Wow, I look feminine today with my ear-rings on"?

Or

"Wow, I have money now and I need to make sure I look like the rest of the Rappers"?

Or

"Wow, Maybe if I wear all this stuff someone will kill me for it"...

The Standard Rappers Uniform:
Baseball caps,
Chains,
Ear-Rings,
Rolex w/tacky diamond bezel,
Unlaced Sneakers or Timba-Lands,

burning_plastic

It's like this. The jeweler isn't copyrighting the idea og the owl. He is copyrighting his way of making a n image from it. The jeweler probably doesn't like seeing reproductions made of his work becayse it costs him money.
This is kind of a cheap tacky thing for Drake to do.

aemish

Google the "cremation of care" ceremony. What's up with the owl?

5Louie

Hey maybe it's from Harry Potter

Mel

Illuminati reference..

Shawdy franko

Illuminati owl come on people 👎 u know wassup

prom22e