Shia LaBeouf Art Show

He'd Been Crying 'Like His Cat Just Died'

2/11/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_shia_labouf_art_wm
Shia LaBeouf put on the weirdest art show in L.A. today by silently confronting fans one by one, offering them a variety of odd objects -- like whiskey and a ukelele -- all while looking like he'd been crying for days.

We have no explanation for why Shia set this up, but the show was titled "#IAMSORRY" ... and we sent one of our camera guys inside for a first person account:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain."

"Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges."

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

"I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self."

"I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

That's it. Perfect follow-up to his "seagulls" press conference

We'll be having nightmares for weeks.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

ev

jeeze i hope he isn't going schizo.. he is too young, and he is talented.. but he seems so troubled lately..

Goldie24

I thought at first he was just trying to be controversial... But this is actually concerning.

WheresMyHalo

The art is the reactions from the viewing audience. Not his "show" ...

xtina

Huh. That is sad, he is soooo talented. I remember seeing him on Even Stevens and Holes lol and thinking he was talented even back then.

Jessica

I actually saw a art do***entary in my hotel one night (nothing to watch). This is what a famous artist did http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/a/marina_abramovic/index.html?inline=nyt-per
Pit apparently was very moving people waited for days. So I don't think he's going crazy I just think he copied it but unless you saw this do***entary I can see why this would seem that way. Even I was creeped out watching it lol

Jessica

I actually saw a art do***entary in my hotel one night (nothing to watch). This is what a famous artist Marina. Abramovic did http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/a/marina_abramovic/index.html?inline=nyt-per
It apparently was very moving people waited for days. So I don't think he's going crazy I just think he copied it as a joke but unless you saw this do***entary I can see why this would seem that way. Even I was creeped out watching it lol

bart

This young man has some serious mental issues and hopefully he will get professional help.

Melly

M.k ultra mind control slave.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14