Shia LaBeouf Art Show

He'd Been Crying 'Like His Cat Just Died'

2/11/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_shia_labouf_art_wm
Shia LaBeouf put on the weirdest art show in L.A. today by silently confronting fans one by one, offering them a variety of odd objects -- like whiskey and a ukelele -- all while looking like he'd been crying for days.

We have no explanation for why Shia set this up, but the show was titled "#IAMSORRY" ... and we sent one of our camera guys inside for a first person account:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain."

"Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges."

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

"I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self."

"I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

That's it. Perfect follow-up to his "seagulls" press conference

We'll be having nightmares for weeks.

yomama

He's obviously going thru a lot. Feel sad for whatever it is he's going thru and hope he can snap out of this. If it is mental illness its a shame there is such a stigma that goes with a diagnosis like "bipolar" bc a lot more people might get the help they need if they weren't afraid of what label it may put on them. And to everyone saying mean things about him: the irony is chances are you may.be suffering from depression yourself bc its not normal to be so hateful to someone, especially someone you really don't even know.

canadian girl

Get a grip idiot. Acting stupid doesn't make you a great actor.

Deer diary

boring Sidney boring.

Holy moly

Shia, you should get some help. Get diagnosed with whatever personality disorder you might have or go to rehab to let go of any drug/ alcohol issues you might have. It'll be good for you. You are too young allow all this to continue. You got fans that have stuck with you since your EVEN STEVENS good ol' days. The pressure is real but don't feed into your demons anymore. Get some help.

kitnplayn

This guy is Bieber 2.0, trying to be a bad boy when he's really an insecure , uneducated, self-agrandizing dork.

Cleveland

I just don't care about any of these people... I come to tmz as a pick me up and it always works

The world is disgusting

Great! Now actors are trying to be weird artists! Stop it already! Youre an attention seeking d0uche! PUKE blah!

bc68

In-n-out burger..in one shot..all other items..neatly placed..in another..hmm..whatever...this is a staged cry for publicity.. what a genius that Shia is :)..rock on brotha!!

Ginger

Call Charlie Sheen he can help

daved0622

This guy is going the Andy Kauffman route, act goofy then be gone, good. Dude, your not as great as you think you are. A "B" movie star only famous because of a computer generated franchise.

Dee

Geeze, just let the dude live.. Fuuck! When this celebrity **** breaks someone mentally you should at least give them a bit of space to get there **** together. Go after the sane stupid celebs please.

Rigby

Okay he needs to be on a 51-50 hold in the psychiatric ward. Someone do something before he goes on a rampage.

Mama Beiber

when mental illness collides with substance abuse.....

longbeachbitch

Who cares?

Ninotchka

Is Shia now going to start ripping of the likes of Marina Abramović now?