Shia LaBeouf Art Show

He'd Been Crying 'Like His Cat Just Died'

2/11/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_shia_labouf_art_wm
Shia LaBeouf put on the weirdest art show in L.A. today by silently confronting fans one by one, offering them a variety of odd objects -- like whiskey and a ukelele -- all while looking like he'd been crying for days.

We have no explanation for why Shia set this up, but the show was titled "#IAMSORRY" ... and we sent one of our camera guys inside for a first person account:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain."

"Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges."

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

"I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self."

"I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

That's it. Perfect follow-up to his "seagulls" press conference

We'll be having nightmares for weeks.

trini_angel

Shia comes across as a nice guy who takes on too much and is too hard on himself when his movies pop/flop.....I think he's starting to treat this anxiety/depression with drugs. He needs to step out of the limelight and get his head together before he ends up totally crazy or dead in some hotel

Umanyways

Was this "art gallery" advertised on craigslist?

Umanyways

Oh he's so hipster now!'n

Umanyways

Oh tacos I get it. taco tuesday.

Cran

Perhaps Shia could use an old fashioned mental health evaluation, he seems to be on a spiral downward?

duckman

who cares -- this guy is no longer famous, remember?

HngBlkBtm

He is on some bad sh*t.

Lauren Eiffel

After the"seagull" press conference I was pissed that he disrespected his fellow cast members-don't want to do press then don't make movies! After the bag on the head at the film festival I thought the bag should have read "NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE"-still 'famous', only now in a reality TV show kind of way. After seeing this, I think he needs help. George Lucas, Michael Bay, mom...somebody please step in & help this kid.

IceGypsy

Who?

jsd80

poor baby he didn't get the new transformer part. BECUSE YOU SUCK AS A ACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamie laou

I think his message is "i am whatever you say i am, i'm your toy your doll, my emotions don't matter keep playing with me"

shootmejoe

Hey you’re a good actor so don’t worry about that. Look at Kevin Costner went to Singing now look at him back in the saddle again. You have done wonderful work in the movies you have been in you are a excellent actor.

Phantom

Okay, I'm WORRIED for him. Somebody in the industry, who he will listen to needs to step up and get him some help before it's too late. This is not a joke. This is real. I'm a fan of his since "Holes". This guy is an amazing talent. Somebody please help this kid!

Cal

Joaquin Phoenix, anyone?

Snow

Shia LaBeof is the next Amanda Bynes.