Shia LaBeouf Art Show

He'd Been Crying 'Like His Cat Just Died'

2/11/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_shia_labouf_art_wm
Shia LaBeouf put on the weirdest art show in L.A. today by silently confronting fans one by one, offering them a variety of odd objects -- like whiskey and a ukelele -- all while looking like he'd been crying for days.

We have no explanation for why Shia set this up, but the show was titled "#IAMSORRY" ... and we sent one of our camera guys inside for a first person account:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain."

"Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges."

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

"I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self."

"I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

That's it. Perfect follow-up to his "seagulls" press conference

We'll be having nightmares for weeks.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

dreamon

Well, he might be losing it, but hey at least he seems to feel bad.

Lee

Something is not right. Regrets making this last movie maybe?

Mayu

Someone needs to help that guy. He's kind of doing the Amanda Bynes thing. She was acting just as erratically and it turned out to be psychiatric issues that now seem to be under control. He just may need someone to force him to get help. The kid is a talented actor... but maybe he got too successful to quick and doesn't know how to deal with it.

BigSamStewart

Let's get the popcorn and watch the impending death! :)

Outsider

Fudge. He's not an artist. He's a bad actor. Stop trying to be something you aren't.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

This is beyond bizarre. I feel sorry for him; it's not as if he has to resort to this for attention, the guy is a high profile actor. I wonder what's up. Film at eleven?

Aarin

I think he is pulling an act and fuc king with people on purpose just to keep things interesting.

belyoe

As an artist myself i have to say...i think its actually pretty good. Wish i could go

★★★ I HATE MONDAYS ★★★

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

What the HELL is that supposed to mean?

Mayu

Someone else posted a video on this one site, they were on a motorcycle and had a helmet cam on. At a stop light Shia rolled down his window and just stared at him, just like this... before the light turned green the guy with the helmet cam nodded and Labeouf waved back, then the motorcycle pulled away. He just stared at the guy from his car the whole stop light.

bring back recent posts

Whackjob. Go dude, let another actor rise too fame and fortune and APPRECIATE it. Your act is getting old whatever ur gig is.

Danthepulltabman

I call it first, "Bipolar disorder" he is showing all the signs and right now he is in a manic stage so he is acting irrational. His family needs to show him that they support him and work with him To get professional help.

sr

Don't care still love him, he's misunderstood

jen

I wasn't sure at first, but now I am. I SO want to have sex with Shia Labeouf.... Not the cleaned-up, boy-next-door-Sam-from-Transformers Shia, but THIS semi-crazy, possibly-drunk, maybe-schizophrenic Shia who will do me standing up against a brick wall in an alley and might rip my skirt then cry when we're through. He's definitely heading for a magnificent breakdown, and I want to help rattle his cage a little!

CremeBrulee

Well, sounds like he won't be getting another puzzy anytime soon.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments