Paula Deen

$75 MIllion For Huge Comeback

2/12/2014 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0212-paula-deen-02
Paula Deen -- like the Phoenix -- is rising again ... thanks to a $75 MILLION infusion of cash from a Phoenix-based investment company that could put Paula's wares in the back pocket of airplane seats.

Jahm Najafi clearly thinks the Paula Deen brand is still a marketable commodity, because his company is fronting the cash.

As for Najafi's plan ... we found it extremely interesting that in 2012 he bought SkyMall magazine ... which you've probably leafed through and then failed to buy anything from inside.  So the question -- will Paula's pots and pans end up in the mag?

As you know ... Paula was unceremoniously dumped by virtually all of her sponsors after confessing she used the N word to describe a person who robbed the bank she was a teller at in the 80s.

By the way ... in addition to SkyMall, Najafi owns the Book of the Month Club and Columbia House.

0212_paula_deen_through_years_footer

J9

Good for her. This whole "scandal" was total BS.

BB not bb

Yeah good for her. She didn't deserve all of the abuse that she took. She held her head high and now things are looking up again. The people who dumped her can have their digs at her but she is still going strong.

BB not bb

Good for her. She is going strong and maybe better off without the people who dumped her. They got their digs in but she is getting the last laugh.

There's a problem here

I think she's one of the most annoying persons on Planet Earth but why pick on her when so many other assh0les get a walk? Go Paula Deen.

Escapethefate

People really need to STFU and move on from this. Who hasn't said the N word once or twice. News flash if something is offensive to you don't call yourself that because you are opening the door for everyone else to do the same. As far as PD products most stores have put them back on the selves so how exactly is this news? Oh well.

campy

My *****

John

I don't know why, but I'm happy for her.

Just Steve

Oh ya that's right because I like to order things from a magazine on an airplane.

Johnny Carcinoma

Of course...

Next week: The premiere episode of "Judge George" starring lovable but murdering racist, George Zimmerman as the judge.

Clytemnestra

Paula got a raw deal for sure. It was like a mob mentality took over and logic had nothing to do with it. I hope she comes back even stronger than she was.

Jennifer

More people on this site say the n word in the comments daily than Paula Deen has said in her whole life. While she does annoy me, I think it's time to get past it.

Vote2012

The woman was labeled a racist which was never true, but the real racists are the ones who still think those lies were true. I thought when Obama became President all this racist talk would end and everyone would come together in peace and love? I guess that was just another lie. I think a race war is brewing under the surface in this country, and the outcome is not going to be good.

ivan

HOW MUCH $$$ IS SHE GETTING FOR HER DIABETES Rx ?

August Baby 77

I'd use the damn word too to describe someone who is robbing me ( only if they're black) ..bout time she gets her second chance.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?